PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta finisher compatability info

Custom Search

brent
02-28-2022, 08:23 PM
ok so I would just throw this out there what me and my tech buddy figured out on friday

bizhub c450i takes a fs 539 cant get them minolta even if you wanted to...

we were told a fn 536 would work.. and it does. even though there is a different part number from the 558 to the c300i

to take it a step further.. the fs 534 that fits on the bizhub c364e fits on it and performs exactly the same
anybody else notice that the older finishers will work? I was going to raise the firmware but we arent going to use that finisher on this
unit.. just thought it was interesting.. or is anyone seeing any problems?

thanks just thought it was cool and could get some customers out of a tight spot even thought the part numbers dont match up

brent

blackcat4866
02-28-2022, 09:10 PM
I think you'll find that hit-and-miss.

We had a dozen KM's delivered ... some C759, 458, and a few 654e used. All the finishers looked the same, so our delivery driver attached them randomly. Some worked, some worked except a specific tray or stapler, some did not work at all. Intellectually I knew all these finishers have different firmware and boards, but I did a little head scratching until it occurred to me that you cannot tell the difference until you look at the serial number plate. =^..^=

kingarthur
03-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Yep...have had that...just don't update the FW, you get an error, had that last year, had to take the 534 to a C308 and reload the FW

brent
03-01-2022, 03:54 PM
Yep...have had that...just don't update the FW, you get an error, had that last year, had to take the 534 to a C308 and reload the FW
thanks for the input appreciate it!

Custom Search