PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-3110, resetting ImageUnits

Custom Search

Hansoon
03-01-2022, 07:21 PM
We ran suddenly out of reset chips to reset image units (drum units) for the BH-C-3110. Are there any soft switches which can reset those IU's like the toner cartridges?

Hans

Synthohol
03-01-2022, 08:10 PM
Can't they be set to not stop at eol?
I just looked. Iu yield settings should be set to extension for 167% life.

Hansoon
03-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Machine is rather new and the IU's come when the machine is new without chips. The problem is that I tried to continue with a used chip which didn't work. No way now to come back in the previous "no-chip" situation. Its asking for a K-IU and I have no K-IU chips for that.

Hans

copier tech
03-01-2022, 09:01 PM
We ran suddenly out of reset chips to reset image units (drum units) for the BH-C-3110. Are there any soft switches which can reset those IU's like the toner cartridges?

Hans

No, If only there were!

HoonBoy
03-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Machine is rather new and the IU's come when the machine is new without chips. The problem is that I tried to continue with a used chip which didn't work. No way now to come back in the previous "no-chip" situation. Its asking for a K-IU and I have no K-IU chips for that.

Hans

The original "Chip" is just an resistor and a fuse. I soldered a push button with wires on an old "chip" to reset these kind of IU's. After reset just put back the old chip.
Maybe you can reuse the reset chip, or take some from old units? Could also try an pico fuse. Good luck!

srvctec
03-01-2022, 10:21 PM
Well, I made this up a few years ago for myself and co-irkers:

When servicing a C3110/C3100P, make sure to check service mode settings as follows:
Service mode>Machine>IU Yield Settings>Make sure to set it to Extension (Standard is default) This can even be checked/done while the message to replace the IU is shown and if it was on Standard, changing it to Extension will make the “replace IU” message go away.

Service mode>System 2>Enable Warning>Toner Low, IU Low and Waste toner box all 3 need to be set to ON. If not, the machine will just shut down when it reaches end of parts life without notifying the customer.

F/W update will change these to Standard and off for the 3 warnings.

Hansoon
03-02-2022, 05:16 AM
The original "Chip" is just an resistor and a fuse. I soldered a push button with wires on an old "chip" to reset these kind of IU's. After reset just put back the old chip.
Maybe you can reuse the reset chip, or take some from old units? Could also try an pico fuse. Good luck!

Thanks, I tried that all also the trick with the pico fuse. Did it before but I have no working old chip of the C3110 type at the moment. That's the problem.

One day I should figure out which is the resistance of the chip. The only way those chips represent a certain machine type/use/color must be through the resistance I believe.

Hans

Toxic
03-02-2022, 08:25 AM
Are you sure it can be done on C3110?
If i remember good, IU chip for C3110 have eeprom memory chip, not just resistor and fuse like some newer machines.
If this is possible it would be good information to know and try.

Custom Search