PDA

View Full Version : biz 223 scanning

Custom Search

copyman
03-02-2022, 01:56 PM
Has anyone found a way for Biz 223 to scan with "Mac" PC's? My IT guy is at a loss and said only way the customer will be able to scan is to a jump drive. Weird thing is the customer was scanning with this machine last year before I upgraded them. They now want to use the 223 in their warehouse office but now can't scan. Customer said nothing has changed with their network or computers.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

CP-1015
03-02-2022, 04:16 PM
Scan to Mac only scan to FTP. Scan to Win activate SMB Serverconfiguration EnableSMB1Protocol if it is installed else install. Deactivate the automatic delete SMB1 Protocol. Install a new local user without Admin access only for scan.

copyman
03-03-2022, 02:45 AM
Scan to Mac only scan to FTP. Scan to Win activate SMB Serverconfiguration EnableSMB1Protocol if it is installed else install. Deactivate the automatic delete SMB1 Protocol. Install a new local user without Admin access only for scan.

I will try and get more info but he did say something about FTP not available with the newest MAC version or something like that?

Thanks again

rrrohan
03-03-2022, 02:56 AM
if they cant scan due to such old copier get sales to upgrade them.

sometimes client needs a justifiable reason to upgrade because IT wont upgrade something thats still fit for purpose.

They might be grateful for the bad news

copyman
03-04-2022, 12:27 AM
if they cant scan due to such old copier get sales to upgrade them.

sometimes client needs a justifiable reason to upgrade because IT wont upgrade something thats still fit for purpose.

They might be grateful for the bad news

Yes I've upgraded many customers over the years because their older machines not being compatible with new OS's, Office 365, MS updates, etc.

As I mentioned in original post I did upgrade this customer. Since the biz 223's are such good machines and it was still working fine they were using in warehouse office for printing & copying. They asked if scanning would work and my guy gave it a shot.The rest is history and back to original post. They realize they may only use as printer & copier and scan to flash drive.

Custom Search