PDA

View Full Version : I-series firmware won't load on new storage board

Custom Search

mascan42
03-04-2022, 01:45 AM
I've had probably 6 or 7 machines that have an issue after replacing the storage board where the MFP firmware won't load. It usually fails at 70%. Partitioning the drive doesn't help. Service mode won't open. The only solution seems to be to run the reset tool, which loses all settings and meters.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is there anything that I can do when changing the storage board to prevent it?

Synthohol
03-04-2022, 03:43 AM
you wont lose anything if it can get to svc mode. stop 9 or stop 0 C there is engine data backup.
backup first so the reset procedure should come up "restore data" after the 3rd reboot.

tsbservice
03-04-2022, 06:18 AM
I've had probably 6 or 7 machines that have an issue after replacing the storage board where the MFP firmware won't load. It usually fails at 70%. Partitioning the drive doesn't help. Service mode won't open. The only solution seems to be to run the reset tool, which loses all settings and meters.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is there anything that I can do when changing the storage board to prevent it?
How exactly you did partitioning the drive?

rrrohan
03-04-2022, 08:00 AM
yeah i was kinda annoyed when i recently ordered a new storage board KM send me the old style.

My problem was it would lock up after a print job and enter CE mode would lock up the second you entered code then attemtped to login

for me my fix was base board/MFPB

kingarthur
03-04-2022, 08:38 AM
Which I-series model are we talking, on the C3350i when replacing the SSD, i was told to install the "boot FW" which, if i remember was either FW version G00-3B or 7B, then load the latest FW

Gift
03-04-2022, 09:28 AM
you can also try flashing an ancient FW version

Custom Search