PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub C458 (8-Series) Color problems, broken developer units

Custom Search

hobbele
03-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone,

We've had problems with the developer units in the 8 series for some time, starting with the C458. These break down again and again.
Mostly in magenta and yellow.

The error pattern usually looks like we have white spots on the surfaces or a color gradient or no color in certain places.

Do you have similar problems?

I ask because @bix mentioned it here.

This is interesting, thanks!
I think this is also valid for series 8. I remember that the KM teacher gave us this skill in case we encounter problems with TCR.
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/152779-c3350i-series-fun-post1616732.html?152779

Konica Minolta here in Germany claims that only we have these problems. But we have already spoken to other dealers and they have similar problems

Gift
03-07-2022, 03:23 PM
Can't really say that's a big issue here. Some failure every now and then (mostly cyan) but nothing serious. I know that a bad drum (or improper modded drum) can cause problems with dev drainage so next time you encouter it you might consider to swap the drum, too. Usually the symptome for dev-loss is a white pattern of diagonal lines. Not shure about your white spots, perhaps you can provide some samples?

kingarthur
03-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Every time I've had "white spots" it's been a "pitted" drum, with toner stuck to it

Custom Search