PDA

View Full Version : C300i - Network connection/port "dead" after storm

Custom Search

Gift
03-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm currently struggling with a dead network port on a c300i. Customer told us that his router got replaced due to a power spike during a storm.

During the first visit we tried and testet the port via laptop and direct lan connection / tried different reset on the MFP with all no success.
My conclusion was that the port/hardware might've been fried so I ordered a base board (since the NIC is onboard there) and my tech swapped it today.
Unfortunately he ended up with the same problem.

I think the next and final step is the CPU board - perhaps the NIC controller is on it (or on a SOC) and the base board just contains the connector?

Edit: I investigated the base board chips and did not find any NIC controller - but there's a realtek soundchip and two USB controller chips of course LOL.....

kingarthur
03-10-2022, 08:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm currently struggling with a dead network port on a c300i. Customer told us that his router got replaced due to a power spike during a storm.

During the first visit we tried and testet the port via laptop and direct lan connection / tried different reset on the MFP with all no success.
My conclusion was that the port/hardware might've been fried so I ordered a base board (since the NIC is onboard there) and my tech swapped it today.

I think the next and final step is the CPU board - perhaps the NIC controller is on it (or on a SOC) and the base board just contains the connector?

Edit: I investigated the base board chips and did not find any NIC controller - but there's a realtek soundchip and two USB controller chips of course LOL.....

If it's been fried by the storm, tell the client to claim on their insurance and replace the machine...you have no idea what you're letting yourself in for 6 months down the line...

Gift
03-10-2022, 09:18 AM
If it's been fried by the storm, tell the client to claim on their insurance and replace the machine...you have no idea what you're letting yourself in for 6 months down the line...

Guess we skipped that part, of course I know there's a risk. On the other hand, nothing else beside the router and MFP NIC wen't downhill on site, copy function works fine, too so I guess the power spike didn't really affect the actual POWER grid but the phone grid. Since we stepped over to point of no return I'll see if the CPU board (or both, CPU and base board) does the trick.

mojorolla
03-10-2022, 02:20 PM
This series has a known issue were the NIC cards drop connection when speed is set to GB speed. Have you tried dropping the NIC card speed?

:)

tsbservice
03-10-2022, 03:01 PM
This series has a known issue were the NIC cards drop connection when speed is set to GB speed. Have you tried dropping the NIC card speed?

:)
I see it once on colleague"s machine. It blocks the switch port on GB speed, no problems when speed isn't Gb. Mind you share what is recomended fix, please :)

SimoneCariz
03-10-2022, 04:47 PM
Guess we skipped that part, of course I know there's a risk. On the other hand, nothing else beside the router and MFP NIC wen't downhill on site, copy function works fine, too so I guess the power spike didn't really affect the actual POWER grid but the phone grid. Since we stepped over to point of no return I'll see if the CPU board (or both, CPU and base board) does the trick.

Another idea could be to fit a UK-221 wifi card, you would quickly solve the problem! :-)

tsbservice
03-10-2022, 06:29 PM
Hi Guys,

What if you run self-diagnostic test called LAN-IF Ping Test?
In case it fails first thing to replace is CPU board next is base board.

Gift
03-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Solution was the CPU board.

Wireless option might've been an alternative but it's a rental MFP so it must be restored to a proper condition. If I destroy a window in my rental apartment I can't replace it with plastic foil as a permanent fix^^

Good to know about the Gbit issue for the future, since the prob was reproduceable with 2 different laptops and direct LAN connection I think this was not the case.

Custom Search