PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C350

Custom Search

homesleym
11-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone,

We are using a networked C350 which prints B&W across the network fast, but when you send large color files or PDF's, it is very slow. Do we need to tweak any settings or maybe add RAM to the unit? Thought I would start here before I call our rep. Thanks for your help.

fixerboy
11-09-2006, 12:02 AM
witch controller do you have for the machine

knightfall
11-09-2006, 12:36 AM
The c350 uses a standard controller IC 401 which is a Fiery X3e, I would find out how your customer is sending their docs, the size of the files they are sending. Have you watch your customer send their file and time to see how long it takes to click to clunck? and I would try using a laptop with a crossover and try printing the customers file from the lap top.
Also find out which connection they use for printing Direct or Print, If they send direct connection it would take longer if its through print connection then goto command work station and check how much of the hard drive is available for the print queue if its running out of space it may explain the lag. If its not running out of space try printing something from the spooler if this prints within a resonable time meaning rip and print take a look at their network.
Also somnething to consider is to turn on PS error print out on Fiery setup will print iof the file your printing has any postscipt errors this also will slow your doc from printing fast.
thats where I would start looking, good luck.

mikeena
03-14-2007, 05:55 AM
if you still dont have a solution try this. i have had this lag the hell out of my customers print jobs. when you go into print make sure that the first collate button is not checked it lags the copier down. i dont know if this helped but hopefully if you have not figured it out this will help

bserbet
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I have the same copier and the same problem. In my office there are 10 computers connected to network and Bİzhub C350 is our default printer. When I want to print PDF or Powerpoint documents, it sometimes takes half an hour to print a file having 20 pages. It prints them with the speed of 1 page in 3 minutes and mostly it gives an error during printing, canceling the operation. These files are at most 500 KB. Does anyone have a solution for this?

JSC
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Mikeena is spot on, 9 times out of 10 its the collate box on the initial print dialogue page, if this is on and you want say 20 copies it will spool the job 20 times never have this box ticked.

Scott_Lewis
05-17-2007, 04:09 AM
I have to agree that collate check box is just plain evil! Had it bite me again today.

About pdf prints, make sure you are not sending the print job "as an image". Look in the advance button on the printer popup window and make sure the checkbox is NOT checked. Don't know if it can be checked by default. But, it will have about a 60:1 affect on print speed.

dougy
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I had the same problem with a c350 printing slowly over a network. The solution on my side was to update the firmware on the c350.
One of the firmware updates also addresses printing PDF docs.

From the firmware update doc:
Printing certain PDF files lock up the C350 controller and force a restart before printing can be
performed again. << PEBAU_05000013/ PEBJ__05000155>>

Hope this helps :):)

Infodine
03-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi,

Is there a place on the internet where I can download
the latest firmware for the Bizhub C350? I've been
searching but so far no luck.

Thanks,

Infodine

mitchl
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM
The standard controller that came with the C-350 is of the Emperon variety which was PCL only. PS files get converted slowing the process to a snails pace, the easiest way around it is to use the IC-401 controller or buy a newer machine that's controller is PS ready.

Infodine
04-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi,

So what kind of cost would I be looking at for an IC-401?

Its a shame my client didn't look into the printing drivers
before making their purchase. Now they are stuck with
slow printing or spending a bunch more $$.

Thanks again for the explanation.

Infodine

Custom Search