PDA

View Full Version : KonMin Bizhub 654 will not scan to email.

Custom Search

kuby
03-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Have a customer that has a Bizhub 654 that all of a sudden will not scan to email. Do not normally work on these just trying to help out. The only message they said it gives is "Failed to complete the job". Not much help in telling you what to look for?

Thanks

copier addict
03-11-2022, 04:58 PM
Have a customer that has a Bizhub 654 that all of a sudden will not scan to email. Do not normally work on these just trying to help out. The only message they said it gives is "Failed to complete the job". Not much help in telling you what to look for?

Thanks

If you go into Admin mode - Network settings - Details you can turn on the network error code display setting. That will give you an error code that will give you more details on why the scans aren't going through.

Synthohol
03-11-2022, 06:01 PM
It's a non-e machine. You can dork around with special firmware and dip switches and keep you fingers crossed or just dump that dinosaur and get a machine that is compliant with today's security protocols.

Better to just upgrade them. We drop contracts on non e models because they are too old and discontinued.
Really time to upgrade.

If they want to go cheap, get a desktop AIO for scanning and just copy and print to the 654

copyman
03-11-2022, 09:47 PM
Agree with Syn, with it being a NON-E it's going to be a real challenge to get it to work. I know what you are going to say, "but it was scanning". All it takes is a MS update or any other minor change and really tough to get it to work. I've had this exact scenario several times over the last year or so. I recently changed a C454 with soft switches & F/W to make it an "E" version and my IT guy still couldn't get it to work.

It's one of those hit or miss things. Hopefully you will get lucky.

Best of luck

kuby
03-11-2022, 10:41 PM
Have not seen the machine before. It is a BizHub C654e, has firmware Version 6. The error code 599 when trying to send to email address. Which relates to the SMTP server. The IT guy says that there is nothing wrong with the SMTP server ? So what do you do? Upgrade the firmware? Do not have firmware for this machine.

copyman
03-12-2022, 12:44 AM
Have not seen the machine before. It is a BizHub C654e, has firmware Version 6. The error code 599 when trying to send to email address. Which relates to the SMTP server. The IT guy says that there is nothing wrong with the SMTP server ? So what do you do? Upgrade the firmware? Do not have firmware for this machine.

Well the E version makes it very possible to configure. Yes I would first update the firmware to latest version

PM me your email and will send you latest FW via a file service (too big for email).

copier addict
03-12-2022, 04:30 AM

If you are using Gmail you may need to change to 2 step verification.

Synthohol
03-12-2022, 04:50 AM
in gmail you can generate an application password that works.

Sign in using app passwords - Gmail Help (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB)

servisource
03-12-2022, 04:15 PM
Common problem - windows update turns off smb 1.
Go to
control panel
add and remove programs
turn windows features on off
go down list and see if smb 1 is checked if not check it.
restart computer

If gmail setup go to gmail account and see if secure app it turned off.

Bob

kuby
03-15-2022, 08:55 PM
Never updated firmware on a KM machine. Have you ever had one crash from a firmware update ? Just asking. If so what do you do to get it back going again?

Have not upgraded firmware yet I am getting them to reboot the server first and see if that fixes the email problem.

Custom Search