PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Vulnerabilities and Mitigation Methods bulletin# 12782

Custom Search

minoltaed
03-15-2022, 05:53 PM
Has anyone started updating the Konica Minolta equipment from the attached bulletin? If so how are you tackling it. Any issues or struggles? Just want to see how other dealers are approaching this bulletin. 52544

Synthohol
03-15-2022, 06:32 PM
Never saw or heard of a copier being hacked before.

tech51
03-15-2022, 08:07 PM
Never saw or heard of a copier being hacked before.
I tend to think any hacker intent on naughtiness will go for the servers first😀

I’ve seen plenty of confidential documents left on machines or printed out when I’ve been repairing them which is far worse in a way.
Something like paper cut or safeq gets around most security/confidentiality issues.

Incidentally Bizhub secure is a right royal pain to install and then manage after it’s on.
The end users tend to lose the paperwork we give them with their unique passwords on which is a major pita.

Synthohol
03-15-2022, 11:00 PM
its just all so unnecessary.
if you really care turn on DoD data overwrite.

femaster
03-16-2022, 02:30 AM

It's not necessarily the copier, or the data on it, they are after. Generally hackers look for any type of device that can be exploited, which gives them a way into the entire network. Once they have something they can exploit, then they use that as a means to go after the big stuff like the local servers, etc.

Things like that are also why the best security advice at home is to keep all your IOT (Internet of Things ["smart"]) devices off your main home network and on their own separate network (like a guest network). Those "smart" devices in people's homes are almost never updated, and can be a backdoor into anything in your home network. It only takes one little thing (smart bulb, outlet, WiFi camera, etc.) to compromise everything you have...

Drivee
03-16-2022, 07:49 AM
Today, most of hack attacks are trough pritner/copyie network. It start before 3 year. Read news.

Gift
03-16-2022, 09:34 AM

That's not possible for i-series thanks to nVME/solid state storage. I think the initial user manuals stll contained the possibility for that but this as bad copy&paste work. he recent manuals only offers a complet data erase in admin menu you can run as customer before returning an MFP.

Solid state drives don't like high counts of write processes and thanks to wear leveling algorythms they do not really work with a static file system internally.

You can still encrypt your data of course.

junior
03-17-2022, 02:35 PM
I tend to think any hacker intent on naughtiness will go for the servers first😀

I’ve seen plenty of confidential documents left on machines or printed out when I’ve been repairing them which is far worse in a way.
Something like paper cut or safeq gets around most security/confidentiality issues.

Incidentally Bizhub secure is a right royal pain to install and then manage after it’s on.
The end users tend to lose the paperwork we give them with their unique passwords on which is a major pita.

same thoughts, If they are getting to the copier multiple layers of security have already been breached.

Custom Search