Custom Search

REGSIS
03-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Greetings to all,

Machine shows message:
* BIOS MODE *
WAITING FIRMWARE UPDATE.
I'm unable to do firmware update.

The only way for FW update is via setup tool and USB connection.
Installed TWAIN driver is needed for data transfer.
Service manual says that this message appears when FW update is unsuccessful.
By the book this message should be recoverable but there is no specific procedure described.

Solution is to update the FW but I can't do it because machine is not properly recognized in BIOS mode.
"Unknown scanner" is listed in Control panel/Devices and printers and setup tool shows a message: cannot find a device (or something similar)

Was anyone able to recover from these?

P.S. In an older thread someone written that a special driver is needed for "unknown scanner" but didn't stated which one!

Thanks in advance!

Toxic
03-16-2022, 06:18 PM
Never done fw on this machines but in SM it says you need GDI/PCL driver installed , i dont see TWAIN driver requirement...

REGSIS
03-16-2022, 08:56 PM
FW upgrade is indeed rarely needed on this model.
Twain driver is installed together with printer driver.
They are in the same package.
I don't remember where I read it but the twain driver is needed for data transfer otherwise FW update could be possible through network.
On this model twain scanning is only possible via USB connection.

If machine is stuck in BIOS MODE windows cannot recognise the printer at all only scanner device as unknown.

Toxic
03-16-2022, 09:49 PM
Yes, you are right, i just remember on bizhub 163 is same procedure and twain is required.
215 is successor of 163/211 so its very similar machines and procedures.
I think i know something about that special driver but must search my files, you will get it if i find it.

Toxic
03-16-2022, 10:43 PM
I found this 2 drivers, try it, one of them should work for you

special twain (https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhmbl4jj0sa7h04/special_twain.rar/file)

REGSIS
03-17-2022, 07:00 AM
Thank you very much! I will try.

REGSIS
08-05-2022, 11:45 AM
I found this 2 drivers, try it, one of them should work for you

special twain (https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhmbl4jj0sa7h04/special_twain.rar/file)

I could't update the FW. Simply, I couldn't make use of any twain driver.

I ended up fixing bizhub 226 with used control board of bizhub 215. Now it prints 1ppm slower, but it's working. :)

REGSIS
03-01-2023, 06:38 AM
If machine is stuck in BIOS MODE windows cannot recognise the printer at all only scanner device as unknown.

I've managed to find a solution for "unknown scanner" device.

I've previously installed a driver on working bizhub 226.
When I turned ON the broken machine "unknown scanner" was shown on (control panel->Devices and printers) under devices and Windows 7 couldn't find a driver for it.
I had to manually select the driver (twain driver of bh 226).
Now device is shown as "KONICA MINOLTA 226 scanner" and update tool can transfer FW files to machine.
I successfully updated MAIN and BIOS FW (upgrade and downgrade several times - all went OK).
I cannot do the ENGINE FW update (I have tried 2 version).
Update tool transfer engine file successfully to machine, and then machine shows a message:
SERVICE CALL
F/W VER. ERROR

Anyone with the same experience (F/W VER. ERROR)?

Still hope controller board is not dead, just an ENGINE FW got "broken". :)

Custom Search