PDA

View Full Version : New to Lexmark

Custom Search

Shadow1
01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I just inherited about 200 Lexmark T632 and T642 printers, and have never worked on them before. I've been working on HP Printers, Toshiba, Sharp, and Ricoh copiers for over 10 years, so I'm pretty handy with a screwdriver just not familiar with these products.

I ordered the service CD and a PM kit for each model. What else do I need to know to keep from driving myself nuts?

prntrfxr
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Remember when your troubleshooting that Lexmark does not put the charge roller in the cartridge. You can see it when you almost close the toner door in the upper part of the toner cavity. If you get black pages and its dirty you can clean it with alcohol. If its defective you'll need to replace it and when you take it out make sure the brass bushing doesnt fall out of it.

Some of the earlier lexmarks had ciruit boards on the fuser instead of in the machine like hp does. Although I think the ones you're working on have it in the printer instead.

The transfer rollers go in the reverse direction from HP.

Ive had scanner error which turned out to be a defective fan (laser scanners have the exhaust fan cables tied together but not connected to each other). Fuser errors from a broken fuser connector tab on the connector the fuser connector plugs into.

The system boards and engine boards are built in together which makes troubleshooting easy, but is an expensive part.

Lexmark uses the engine type number on the label with the serial number instead of the model number on the front of the machine. This number is real important when ordering electronic parts and occasionally important when ordering non-electronic parts.

For example the T640/642/644 has the following engine types:

4061-000 T640
4061-010 T640n
4061-200 T642
4061-210 T642n
4061-400 T644
4061-410 T644n

I hope that helped you some.

Shadow1
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanx - My sanity may be at stake here. I was already overworked and underpaid before they dumped 200 unfamiliar printers on my head - the only information / instructions I got were "this is a half million dollar account, the IT department doesn't want us here, don't screw up"

Custom Search