PDA

View Full Version : C6500 J-1701

Custom Search

orestesp
03-23-2022, 01:19 PM
Hi guys,

I am printing some 2 sided 300 gsm glossy coated stock from the bypass tray. I was done printing the 1st side, reloaded the paper to print the other one, started printing no issue and then when I went to reload the tray when it was done it wouldn't feed another sheet and it constantly jams with J-1701.

The feed/sep. rollers were new with very little milage (~2k) and the grooves were still there, but I replaced them anyway, still the same. Then I replaced the bypass feed clutch and the MC5 clutch one at a time - still nothing. It will feed plain A3 or A4 paper no problem.

If you leave it alone, it will pull the paper in up until the point that you see in the pic (~10-12 cm in), then struggle to push it in any further and then it will code out with a J-1701. If I try to push the paper in to help the machine pull it in, I can feel a decent amount of resistance. If I push it in until it reaches the registration section, it will print it no problem.

I also tried printing on uncoated 300 gsm stock - still the same. It does the initial pull with the pick-up roller but then struggles to push it in any further than that. Printing the same stock from the LU-202 works with no problem.

There is obviously something not working properly here - the glossy stock I mentioned earlier is basically what I use 90% of the time and have printed many, many sheets of the same stuff in the past.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I will also post a video in a bit, once it's done uploading.

orestesp
03-23-2022, 01:32 PM
Video: https://we.tl/t-i2lzhqdq7X

blackcat4866
03-23-2022, 02:24 PM
If it picks up the first first side but not the second side, what has changed? Mainly humidity and curl. =^..^=

orestesp
03-23-2022, 02:38 PM
If it picks up the first first side but not the second side, what has changed? Mainly humidity and curl. =^..^=

It doesn't feed anything that is heavy stock, coated or uncoated (300 gsm). I tried both a fresh, unprinted sheet of the same stock as well as from a uncoated stock that I have in hand. Same thing.

blackcat4866
03-23-2022, 02:50 PM
From the database:

bizhub C1060, 1060L, C1070
Misfeeds J-1001 from the bypass tray, and J-1701, J-1702 from tray #1 & #2 only. Skewed images on 270 to 300gsm media only. I suspect that during a bypass jam removal, with paper pressing the bypass separation tire down, enduser pulls open the imaging drawer. The bypass separation assembly is deformed and separation roller drops out. Upper pre-registration guide M1 is scratched and bent. The downward warp delays the front side of heavier media. Remove the bypass assembly to reform the brackets and re-assemble. Temporarily re-form upper pre-registration guide M1. Eventually it may become fatiged and break at the front hinge. Replace guide plate M1 (A50U 8178 00) and sheets ([2] A50U 8863 00).

orestesp
03-23-2022, 03:11 PM
From the database:

bizhub C1060, 1060L, C1070
Misfeeds J-1001 from the bypass tray, and J-1701, J-1702 from tray #1 & #2 only. Skewed images on 270 to 300gsm media only. I suspect that during a bypass jam removal, with paper pressing the bypass separation tire down, enduser pulls open the imaging drawer. The bypass separation assembly is deformed and separation roller drops out. Upper pre-registration guide M1 is scratched and bent. The downward warp delays the front side of heavier media. Remove the bypass assembly to reform the brackets and re-assemble. Temporarily re-form upper pre-registration guide M1. Eventually it may become fatiged and break at the front hinge. Replace guide plate M1 (A50U 8178 00) and sheets ([2] A50U 8863 00).

This concerns the newer models and it says that this is true for a J-1001 from the bypass, not a J-1702. And still I can't see anything amiss here, there was no jam when it started doing that, it just ran out of paper. There are no obvious signs of damage/deformation, at least according to me. I am attaching a picture.

Toxic
03-23-2022, 04:27 PM
Every time i had this i just clean Intermediate conveyance roller /2, you can access from the bottom of the ADU section and there are 2 holes to access to these rubber rollers.

orestesp
04-03-2022, 05:20 PM
Mystery solved! Apparently, the new ream of that paper that was delivered to us was the same type of stock but from a different paper mill due to shortages.

I tried with paper made by the paper mill we usually buy and no jams whatsoever.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Custom Search