PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Konica Toner With an "S" Sticker Attached?

Custom Search

femaster
03-23-2022, 06:49 PM
This is a new one to me. Got a toner in today that Konica has applied "S" stickers to. Anybody else seen this and know what it means? It's not a half bottle, this is a full bottle, so I know that's not it.

Perhaps it has something to do with this other new sticker...

patrickjlc
03-23-2022, 07:00 PM
Maybe are the Katun toners Minolta bought from the US

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

tsbservice
03-23-2022, 07:03 PM
May I question if the price of this toner is the same as previous without 'S' mark?

copier tech
03-23-2022, 09:02 PM
This is a new one to me. Got a toner in today that Konica has applied "S" stickers to. Anybody else seen this and know what it means? It's not a half bottle, this is a full bottle, so I know that's not it.

Perhaps it has something to do with this other new sticker...

That sticker says to me this is compatible toner or toner not made by Konica Minolta but still supplied in KM packaging.

I guess they used a different supplied due to that fire at the factory.

tsbservice
03-23-2022, 10:34 PM
That sticker says to me this is compatible toner or toner not made by Konica Minolta but still supplied in KM packaging.

I guess they used a different supplied due to that fire at the factory.

Exactly my thought. Ergo my question.

femaster
03-23-2022, 11:31 PM
May I question if the price of this toner is the same as previous without 'S' mark?

Price was the same. I had ordered 4 bottles of the cyan about a month ago. I've been getting them in about 1 bottle a week, and this was my final cyan from that order which came in this morning. Out of the hundreds of different toners I've order in the last 6 months, this is the only one I've got in that has had an "S" on it. None of the other cyan from this same order had this on it either.

Drivee
03-24-2022, 07:50 AM
That is aftermarket toner but they are ok. If you have time, take a picture of toner tube, maybe I make this one :)

Gift
03-24-2022, 10:42 AM
Here in EU we do get Katun toners from KM (lol) in obviously non-oem looking neutal boxing just added with an ugly b&w KM sticker. AFAIK there's no discount and we can't really control what we get so it's possible you get 50% filled OEM, 100% filled OEM or Katun stuff.

Toxic
03-24-2022, 10:44 AM
Recently i got TN620EC and TN620EY, K and M are regular markings , price is the same and filling seems like it is normal.
Somebody know about this?

srvctec
03-24-2022, 03:53 PM
Recently i got TN620EC and TN620EY, K and M are regular markings , price is the same and filling seems like it is normal.
Somebody know about this?

Pretty sure that's the compatible toner I was talking about in the toner compatibility thread. Bulletin 12787 from KM has all the details. It's confusing because the item number on the box should end in H to indicate the E toner (for TN619). If it's one of the other production toners, then it could end in a J or an X also, depending on what model it's for. WTF KonicaMinolta can't just name it everywhere (the item number and the TN number) with the same E instead of coming out with a bulletin to explain it all is beyond me. It seems they just want to make it as confusing as possible.

femaster
03-25-2022, 01:03 AM
That is aftermarket toner but they are ok. If you have time, take a picture of toner tube, maybe I make this one :)

Anything specific about the tube you want a picture of? I did look at the bottle when it came in, and it looked like a normal toner to me. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison with a non-S marked tube however.

Drivee
03-25-2022, 08:48 AM
If you can find KM markings on tube then is not from me but yes, KM selling also AM toners.
If markings are there, then this is made for them, as a order. AM cartridges should not have OEM logo on cartridges (In Europe). In US is different and no one remove OEM markings. It is all about patents etc...

REGSIS
03-25-2022, 08:55 AM
I've got these 3 pieces TN-324C H with S sticker on it and 3 pieces of TN 321-C H with HSC sticker which are ordered 2 months ago (I've ordered 7 of each). This S marking is only on Cyan for now.
That TN-321C H bottle which I mentioned in another thread was delivered in December 2021 and didn't have S sticker. I'm still waiting for TN-321M H and DR-512K from January.

I can confirm that the price for S sticker bottles are the same. I will write a message to KM for clarification.

Regarding unusual packages:
Last year i received few toners in different packages (white, or blank with KM stickers) but toner bottles were OK - none problems with them - possibly they were lacking regular packages.

Drivee
03-25-2022, 09:47 AM
It is nice that KM baying toners for 20usd and they selling for 150usd :)

occus
03-25-2022, 10:12 AM

Yes that's true... but what do you think what it costs to produce a bottle for KM... not more
I got all the toners in January that were not available... And only the TN328SK are special, the others are regular. The packages are original branded.

femaster
03-26-2022, 01:15 AM
If you can find KM markings on tube then is not from me but yes, KM selling also AM toners.
If markings are there, then this is made for them, as a order. AM cartridges should not have OEM logo on cartridges (In Europe). In US is different and no one remove OEM markings. It is all about patents etc...

I forgot to grab a picture, but when I had the bottle out, it had all the same labeling that the KM bottles normally come with. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary about it that I could see.

REGSIS
03-30-2022, 06:20 PM
I forgot to grab a picture, but when I had the bottle out, it had all the same labeling that the KM bottles normally come with. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary about it that I could see.

Bottles and packaging are original. Toner is not. AM toner inside - confirmed. This is valid only for toners with S sticker, and notice inside (or onto) the packaging.

Older H bottles without S sticker are ORIGINAL.

SalesServiceGuy
03-30-2022, 06:41 PM

... when you contact KM for free technical support those people do not work for free. High toner costs are in part how they recover the costs to support their resellers.

REGSIS
03-30-2022, 07:09 PM
They can set the price whatever they want.
But I ordered OEM toner and get AM without any warning or choice. That's not OK.
Very likely there's no developer inside. :(

tsbservice
03-30-2022, 09:15 PM
They can set the price whatever they want.
But I ordered OEM toner and get AM without any warning or choice. That's not OK.
Very likely there's no developer inside. :(

Nothing more can be said. Spot on brother!
Plus not knowing it's AM we probably can blew the contract clients in legal therms.

tulintron
03-30-2022, 09:25 PM
Guys, good afternoon. They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot. Here in Brazil we also receive TN622EK toner.

These acronyms are for post fire control.

Of course they've been fooling us this whole time. Engineers would never change the toner composition for each printer model. Never. Can you imagine the number of printer models? Now imagine a type of toner for each of them?

Here in our lab we do bizarre tests with toners. We have surprising answers. But we only use it on our leased equipment.

If you purchased from an OEM reseller, don't worry. All right.

danifuenca
04-01-2022, 02:51 PM
This "advise" was found inside my new TN-328SK boxes

tsbservice
04-01-2022, 07:00 PM

Sounds like KM bullshiting.

femaster
04-02-2022, 05:51 PM

Sounds like the German version of what was attached to the outside of the box I received with the "S" sticker on it.

Since my original posting, I've received 2 more boxes of toner with the same "S" sticker and the same label on the outside of the box. They were both magenta toners this time, but I don't recall what machines they were for at the moment.

REGSIS
04-05-2022, 07:33 AM
I canceled all of my toner orders for now.
KM told me that some OEM toners started to come, so I'll rather wait.
For all S toners that were sent to me, they told me to register in which machines they were used and report any related problems.

femaster
04-06-2022, 02:05 AM
Well, got in our first set of plain brown box toners with just a B&W label attached to them. They came in today with 2 of the 450i copiers we ordered last summer.

We also got our first "A" toner. Single box of TN812 (labeled as TN812A) with a part number of A8H503A instead of A8H5030. I find it strange that they had special boxes made just for this stuff.

pez
06-27-2022, 06:22 PM
Is Bulletin 12787 available via KNOVA? I can't seem to find the magic combination of criteria that returns it :(

tsbservice
06-27-2022, 06:32 PM
Is Bulletin 12787 available via KNOVA? I can't seem to find the magic combination of criteria that returns it :(

Sorry not available.

Gift
01-16-2023, 12:05 PM
Now we received Toner TN514JK - never seen that "J" until know, any insights?

femaster
01-16-2023, 03:16 PM
Now we received Toner TN514JK - never seen that "J" until know, any insights?

We have gotten in some "J" toner as well. Ours was TN324JK (A8DA13C). I was joking at the office here that the J stood for "junk".

Custom Search