PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C452

Custom Search

Rod
03-24-2022, 01:12 PM
Join DateMar 2022LocationRandburgPosts1Rep Power0

Konica Minolta C452
Greetings from Randburg, South Africa. One of our printers, a Konica Minolta C452 which we've had since the Dead Sea was still listed as critical, has developed a thin magenta line on many of the prints. I am NOT a techie, or mechanic, but I am capable of wielding a screwdriver.
I've tried replacing the toner cartridge and cleaning the imaging unit. It persists. Cheap solutions only please:rolleyes: Our exchange rate to the US$ is about ZAR15.62 to $1.
Thank you.

Konica Minolta C452
Greetings from Randburg, South Africa. One of our printers, a Konica Minolta C452 which we've had since the Dead Sea was still listed as critical, has developed a thin magenta line on many of the prints. I am NOT a techie, or mechanic, but I am capable of wielding a screwdriver.
I've tried replacing the toner cartridge and cleaning the imaging unit. It persists. Cheap solutions only please:rolleyes: Our exchange rate to the US$ is about ZAR15.62 to $1.
Thank you.

copyman
03-24-2022, 08:41 PM
Greetings,

If line is only magenta color then it is time to replace the magenta imaging unit. At a certain point cleaning the drum will do nothing and image unit needs to be replaced.

The color image units are very expensive. There are no "cheap" solutions with image units unless you can find rebuilt unit but I personally don't have much faith in the rebuilt units.

DelawareJim
03-28-2022, 11:20 PM
If the thin magenta line is close to the top or the bottom of your copy, turn the stack of new white paper in the paper drawer from "portrait" to "landscape". The magenta line would still be formed, it would just print off of the edge of the copy paper.

Something else to try. Just inside trays 1 and 2 (pull open each drawer and look to the left across the top front of each tray) you will find a hidden compartment that has some tools inside. Pull out the long cleaning wand with the cotton cleaning cloth on it and clean underneath of the image unit. Looking into the copier, look just below each image unit and you will see a very small square opening just wide enough to insert the cleaning wand. Wipe each of the 4 holes (one for each color) about ten times. This may help.

copyman
03-29-2022, 01:17 AM
If the thin magenta line is close to the top or the bottom of your copy, turn the stack of new white paper in the paper drawer from "portrait" to "landscape". The magenta line would still be formed, it would just print off of the edge of the copy paper.

Something else to try. Just inside trays 1 and 2 (pull open each drawer and look to the left across the top front of each tray) you will find a hidden compartment that has some tools inside. Pull out the long cleaning wand with the cotton cleaning cloth on it and clean underneath of the image unit. Looking into the copier, look just below each image unit and you will see a very small square opening just wide enough to insert the cleaning wand. Wipe each of the 4 holes (one for each color) about ten times. This may help.

The wand is to clean laser print head windows and would be more for light steaks not colored lines but Jim brought something else to mind I failed to mentioned in my original post, pulling the blue circle levers in and out on image units "could" correct lines but is a shot in the dark.

copier tech
03-29-2022, 06:56 AM

Konica Minolta C452

Thank you.

Konica Minolta C452

Thank you.

Sounds like you need to replace the magenta imaging unit.

They are expensive however there are 3rd party rebuild kits available a lot cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112995662663?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item1a4f10fb47:g:nHEAAOSwQgJa-zvo&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAA0K3SQfRicuHBEbZHq9LqsFvHFSpDW YkafrQ4buPOxL9yX084F81WoQ2Aek0qk%2BxkVokkChODlkWxA GOSfQBF6lNFoqCDnaE%2BR%2FlXilBA1GIqTdE8OHXi6OGZ6kx amQZU7vXjEwrgNBBhSPCBmJsMoMkPFkn0Odsxqff5R%2FeCaCs PfPggDPfjhQ98OAf1%2BNdUXCXO0hBs4Vr4USCBTAWUL7ul2Js PR6LVBsDIaMHwoo4n5geR6Bj5mSneMoeUPKRuE54xdXFEdtad2 YT08Of0j54%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBMiNLqw_pf

Rod
03-29-2022, 07:43 AM

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've had to bite the proverbial bullet and buy a new unit. My bank manager isn't impressed.

Gift
03-29-2022, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've had to bite the proverbial bullet and buy a new unit. My bank manager isn't impressed.

Hi Rod, you might check the status of the remaining consumables before ordering a new unit (unless you find a very good deal/price). It's not unlikely that the other color IUs are going to opt out soon in case they exceeded their lifespan and have the same count as the magenta one.

Rod
03-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Hi Rod, you might check the status of the remaining consumables before ordering a new unit (unless you find a very good deal/price). It's not unlikely that the other color IUs are going to opt out soon in case they exceeded their lifespan and have the same count as the magenta one.

Thanks Gift
Proof that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. My bank manager already hates me. Should I tell him to contact you directly? Thanks for your help though. It's appreciated.

Gift
03-29-2022, 10:51 AM
My bank manager already hates me. Should I tell him to contact you directly?

No way^^ - he seems worse than any cruel mother in law I can imagine ;);););)

copyman
03-29-2022, 09:00 PM
Thanks Gift
Proof that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. My bank manager already hates me. Should I tell him to contact you directly? Thanks for your help though. It's appreciated.

You can tell him to contact me directly if you like and will tell him he is a cheap bastard using an OLD no longer supported copier. It hit "end of life" status 2019 (see attached)

He should feel fortunate that the magenta image unit is all the machine needs. It is a maintenance item and usually last way beyond rated life. So anyway you look at it the bank is way ahead of the game!

Best advice you can give bank manager is, since the machine is no longer supported by Kon/Min a day is coming in the not to distance future where parts & supplies will be UN-available.

Best of luck

Custom Search