PDA

View Full Version : i series toner backup

Custom Search

tmmdmmm
03-25-2022, 05:10 AM
Been running into the toner rock issue on the i series causing noise. Had one back up so far it blocked the belt retraction sensor and threw codes. Got close to rolling that a half mile to our compressor to blow out.
With parts on backorder I've just been vacuuming out the waste and cleaning the belt auger, but just got a callback on a machine from last month. First time I've ran into it the same machine doing it twice, surprising because its the lowest volume of the bunch.
Last week I got a intermediate waste conveyance assy I ordered way back when the bulletin was released, threw it in this callback. Has anyone confirmed it as a solid solution with the updated spring? Other techs on my team have removed the two shutters involved with luck, but I haven't gone that far

copyrooks
03-25-2022, 06:19 AM
you can just take out the spring and cut some coils off of it. Not too hard to weasel it out and cut some coils off with some pliers to your liking. Time will tell if you didn't cut enough out. Haven't had to bust out my vacuum since the bizhub 601s then the i series came out.

avecosat
03-25-2022, 08:53 AM
I have a bunch of machines doing the same thing with 2204 codes. I changed the intermediate waste conveyance assy and so far I haven't had to go back.

tech51
03-25-2022, 07:32 PM
you can just take out the spring and cut some coils off of it. Not too hard to weasel it out and cut some coils off with some pliers to your liking. Time will tell if you didn't cut enough out. Haven't had to bust out my vacuum since the bizhub 601s then the i series came out.
Easy job. I count 6 turns of the spring and snip with cutters, job done.

tech51
03-25-2022, 07:34 PM
I have a bunch of machines doing the same thing with 2204 codes. I changed the intermediate waste conveyance assy and so far I haven't had to go back.
That code is related to the arm on the bottom left where the box goes not returning fast enough. Extra turn on its return spring cures that.

SAR
04-01-2022, 07:06 PM
Thanks for posting this! I have just started seeing this issue recently on the i series machines.
I was confused as to what spring to cut, but found the parts bulletin #12670 and figured it out.
I am going to post a picture of the spring that needs to be cut, in case anyone else is not sure
which spring to cut.

srvctec
04-01-2022, 08:32 PM
Thanks for posting this! I have just started seeing this issue recently on the i series machines.
I was confused as to what spring to cut, but found the parts bulletin #12670 and figured it out.
I am going to post a picture of the spring that needs to be cut, in case anyone else is not sure
which spring to cut.

It's this one. Thought I posted it in another thread about this already but couldn't find it.
https://i.imgur.com/78QkCHu.jpg

Cantechman
02-28-2023, 07:55 PM
It's this one. Thought I posted it in another thread about this already but couldn't find it.
https://i.imgur.com/78QkCHu.jpg

I had the 2204 error on a c450i today, it was making a noise. There was no buildup of toner, once i reinstalled it the error and noise went away. Should I still cut a few of the coils off the spring?

Synthohol
02-28-2023, 10:20 PM
I had the 2204 error on a c450i today, it was making a noise. There was no buildup of toner, one i reinstalled it the error and noise went away. Should I still cut a few of he coils off the spring?

That code is related to the arm on the bottom left where the box goes not returning fast enough. Extra turn on its return spring cures that.

not related to toner buildup.

Markks
03-01-2023, 01:26 AM
which spring to cut.

Since only the tech should be pulling this out we just take out the spring and tape shutter open.

Custom Search