PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C754e - Neoprene gears/feed clutch issues after massive toner dump

Custom Search

Outlander Kyle
03-25-2022, 07:05 PM
Since having to clean up two massive developer dumps in this machine, the neoprene gears that connect to the feed seem to get gummed up, creating repetitive jams from the 11 section for tray one or the 9 for tray 2.

I have been using tiny amounts of lubricant that will vaporize to get it going again, but then inevitably it dries out and starts jamming until i do it again

1. can i safely use a proper neoprene grease on these gears without being in danger of it co-mingling with imaging parts?

2. is it likely that it is the feed clutch? could there be developer inside that? I've never replaced one of these. is it easy enough? I am just assuming that that is the main thing that is getting jammed up but I'm not 100% certain.

copyman
03-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Since having to clean up two massive developer dumps in this machine, the neoprene gears that connect to the feed seem to get gummed up, creating repetitive jams from the 11 section for tray one or the 9 for tray 2.

I have been using tiny amounts of lubricant that will vaporize to get it going again, but then inevitably it dries out and starts jamming until i do it again

1. can i safely use a proper neoprene grease on these gears without being in danger of it co-mingling with imaging parts?

2. is it likely that it is the feed clutch? could there be developer inside that? I've never replaced one of these. is it easy enough? I am just assuming that that is the main thing that is getting jammed up but I'm not 100% certain.

I would try cleaning the clutch and leaving the gears dry. Lubing the gears will only cause toner, developer, dirt to stick to them causing excessive wear.

Could also try swapping the clutch with another in the machine, many of them are the same clutch if not mistaken.

tsbservice
03-25-2022, 08:41 PM

Can you post some pictures?

Outlander Kyle
03-25-2022, 09:02 PM
Can you post some pictures?

What would you like pictures of? I don't know how to access these gears fully, from the back? from the side? its the ones, inside behind the trays. it seems like several of them have been jammed in various ways.

copyman
03-26-2022, 01:15 PM
Remove tray(s) and spray gears with CRC electronic cleaner. It will clean and evaporate quickly. NO LUBE on gears

tsbservice
03-26-2022, 01:46 PM
I would try cleaning the clutch and leaving the gears dry. Lubing the gears will only cause toner, developer, dirt to stick to them causing excessive wear.

Could also try swapping the clutch with another in the machine, many of them are the same clutch if not mistaken.

Agree, tray1 and tray2 paper feed clutches are on back of paper feed units(easy to remove and clean).

blackcat4866
03-26-2022, 02:47 PM
May I be the first to point out that Neoprene is an unlikely compound to make gears out of. It's a form of rubber ... and in 33 years I've never seen a gear made of rubber. The most common compound to make gears of is called "Delrin". =^..^=

Outlander Kyle
03-29-2022, 05:29 PM
Heard on the material of the gears.

I ordered CRC but what i had been using was Deoxit, pretty much the same thing.

The clutches for trays 1 and 2 are kinda tucked behind everything, not attached to the trays like 3 and 4. have cleaned, have not replaced

I can try and get some pictures in this thread although I have trouble knowing what to look at and it seems like when I clean off the gears it works worse than when i spray with contact cleaner and let it work itself out - since its all connected it is kind of difficult to tell where the source is when the cleaner moves through the entire gear path fairly quickly

when it does jam it will either happen in the area right after the initial feed rollers (blinks 11 for tray 1) or it will happen at the feed rollers in such a way where it looks like the machine couldn't push the paper through the feed rollers because its bunched up right from the start. (which then i clean the small gears attached to the feed rollers and it seems to clear that up a bit.

additionally, it usually only causes issues with plain paper setting, and runs fairly normally with thicker papers, an occasional sound but almost never a jam, or failure to pass the paper like with plain paper. maybe because it can grip that paper better?

horrible issue and like i said - stems from two huge developer dumps that leaked through that hole in the back under the developer, all over the feed gears.

thanks everyone

copyman
03-29-2022, 09:06 PM
Heard on the material of the gears.

I ordered CRC but what i had been using was Deoxit, pretty much the same thing.

The clutches for trays 1 and 2 are kinda tucked behind everything, not attached to the trays like 3 and 4. have cleaned, have not replaced

I can try and get some pictures in this thread although I have trouble knowing what to look at and it seems like when I clean off the gears it works worse than when i spray with contact cleaner and let it work itself out - since its all connected it is kind of difficult to tell where the source is when the cleaner moves through the entire gear path fairly quickly

when it does jam it will either happen in the area right after the initial feed rollers (blinks 11 for tray 1) or it will happen at the feed rollers in such a way where it looks like the machine couldn't push the paper through the feed rollers because its bunched up right from the start. (which then i clean the small gears attached to the feed rollers and it seems to clear that up a bit.

additionally, it usually only causes issues with plain paper setting, and runs fairly normally with thicker papers, an occasional sound but almost never a jam, or failure to pass the paper like with plain paper. maybe because it can grip that paper better?

horrible issue and like i said - stems from two huge developer dumps that leaked through that hole in the back under the developer, all over the feed gears.

thanks everyone

May have missed it but have you taken the clutches out & cleaned? If not you make have to bite the bullet and take machine apart to get to clutches. Should be step by step instructions in service manual.

Custom Search