PDA

View Full Version : biz 223 scanning with Apple computer

Custom Search

copyman
03-25-2022, 09:36 PM
I may have posted about this before. Customer knows the machine is old but trying to get through this year to build business back up after Covid then will upgrade. This was one of my first customers and has been loyal to my company for over 25 yrs! At this point also a friend you could say.

My IT guy gave up on this one.

Has anyone had success getting this old model to scan with Apple computer? It was scanning fine a while back but think the OS updated and won't work now. Customer has been scanning to jump drive the last several months.

Thank you for any help.

tsbservice
03-25-2022, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure if this model has HDD but if yes can't they scan to box on machine hard drive and then retrieve scans from Mac?

copyman
03-26-2022, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure if this model has HDD but if yes can't they scan to box on machine hard drive and then retrieve scans from Mac?

The HDD was an option with this model. If it doesn't have HDD installed already can easily add one.

Will check it out.

Thanks

CP-1015
03-26-2022, 07:59 AM
Scan to FTP is possible.

aligis
03-26-2022, 10:50 AM
try scan to email, or enable ftp services in apple try that

copyman
03-26-2022, 12:55 PM
Scan to FTP is possible.

My IT guy already tried FTP and usually only way you can scan with Mac's but for some reason will not work with new this new OS. My IT guy works for Kon/Min and his only job is connecting copiers to computers. He helps me on his lunch break or after hours. I trust his word but threw it out on this forum to see if someone found a work around.

Thanks

Synthohol
03-26-2022, 04:54 PM
a HDD will allow you to store to box and you can retrieve it with pagescope box operator from the mac.

rrrohan
03-27-2022, 07:41 AM
might be trying to use SMB1.0 which got disabled on both windows and Mac a few years back

copyman
03-27-2022, 01:34 PM
My IT guy sent an email over the weekend suggesting an alternative by using an old windows PC to scan to and the Mac's can retrieve scans from it ? Does this sound like a good option?

Synthohol
03-27-2022, 04:26 PM
that works fine.
ive run apache simple web server on xp laptops and have the copier to scan to it. takes 5 minutes to install and setup. and its free :)
scans retrieved on the mac from the laptops "website" (IP\foldername)
or install a scrap or new HDD so they can scan to box public or password protected box and retrieve via app.

copyman
03-27-2022, 09:52 PM
that works fine.
ive run apache simple web server on xp laptops and have the copier to scan to it. takes 5 minutes to install and setup. and its free :)
scans retrieved on the mac from the laptops "website" (IP\foldername)
or install a scrap or new HDD so they can scan to box public or password protected box and retrieve via app.

Funny you mentioned this. My IT guy just emailed me this weekend with idea about setting up an old Windows PC and scan to it, then retrieve scans from that with Mac.

Synthohol
03-28-2022, 01:51 AM
just configure the energy savings on the PC to never go to sleep/hibernate.

rrrohan
03-28-2022, 07:50 AM
just configure the energy savings on the PC to never go to sleep/hibernate.

thats good thing about newer devices having scan to URL

dont need to stuff around with sharing folders as its hosted by copier

Custom Search