PDA

View Full Version : Error Code c-4512, c-4511 error codes on KM c6000L

Custom Search

schlf
03-28-2022, 09:45 AM
These two error codes appeared after chart setting of the two side printing. Service manual says to check input for the motor and tilt correction home position sensor but I really have no clue what the codes are. I'd really appreciate any help if any of you guys ever has similar problems.
And the aditional problem is i definitely won't find new writing unit to replace it

blackcat4866
03-28-2022, 02:17 PM
The two codes: C4511 & C4512, are errors resulting from the yellow laser being unable to complete it's adjustment.

It's possible that the inside of the yellow laser is dirty, or you may need to replace the yellow laser unit. It's not quite as easy as it sounds. =^..^=

schlf
03-28-2022, 02:39 PM
The two codes: C4511 & C4512, are errors resulting from the yellow laser being unable to complete it's adjustment.

It's possible that the inside of the yellow laser is dirty, or you may need to replace the yellow laser unit. It's not quite as easy as it sounds. =^..^=

I'll try that but a little bit uncertain about what to clean it with, will rubbing alcohol will get the job done? One more thing, tilt correction home sensor and/or the motor for Y and M write units do they have any input code to check them from service menu. Couldn't find anything in the service guide i have at least

blackcat4866
03-28-2022, 02:53 PM
I would use a microfiber cloth and non-ammonia glass cleaner. Alcohol is OK too.

You may check "Color Registration Auto Adjustment" for inconsistent values. =^..^=

schlf
03-29-2022, 05:40 AM
I would use a microfiber cloth and non-ammonia glass cleaner. Alcohol is OK too.

You may check "Color Registration Auto Adjustment" for inconsistent values. =^..^=

Color reg auto adj. In fact returning me c-4512/11 errors. Although I'm not really sure what's the value range for it to look at the old data.
One more thing i'd like to make sure about is how chart adjustment for duplex could possibly cause it.

kandod
03-29-2022, 07:12 AM
... how chart adjustment for duplex could possibly cause it.

When executing Chart Adjustment, Mag. Skew Adjustment is performed automatically (to compensate face-back misregistration due to image skew). When Mag. Skew Adjustment value changes Color Registration Auto Adjustment is performed automatically, and the error pops-up. Perform Both Side Adj. instead.

schlf
03-29-2022, 07:26 AM
When executing Chart Adjustment, Mag. Skew Adjustment is performed automatically (to compensate face-back misregistration due to image skew). When Mag. Skew Adjustment value changes Color Registration Auto Adjustment is performed automatically, and the error pops-up. Perform Both Side Adj. instead.

Both sides adj. giving the same c4512 error.

wjurls
03-29-2022, 04:05 PM
Try swapping the yellow laser unit "LPH" with the Cyan and see if the error moves with it.

I had a C7000 once blow 2 of 4 units due to a possible power surge.
The machine auto tests yellow first and then moves down the list from there. In my case it was throwing a yellow code c-4511. Replaced yellow just to get a magenta code next c-4512.

I am currently parting out a C6000 if you end up needing a LPH unit. Just PM me if interested.

blackcat4866
03-29-2022, 04:13 PM
Try swapping the yellow laser unit "LPH" with the Cyan and see if the error moves with it.

I had a C7000 once blow 2 of 4 units due to a possible power surge.
The machine auto tests yellow first and then moves down the list from there. In my case it was throwing a yellow code c-4511. Replaced yellow just to get a magenta code next c-4512.

I am currently parting out a C6000 if you end up needing a LPH unit. Just PM me if interested.

Keep in mind that the black laser is unique, not the same as the color lasers. =^..^=

tsbservice
03-29-2022, 04:18 PM

A bit offtopic but... nowadays it would be interesting sending parts from USA to Russia :D

schlf
03-30-2022, 05:46 AM
Sending anything to Russia now is quite challenging I suppose.
However, are there procedures I need to do right after swapping the write unit like in i/o checkmode, and also if there is any way to check if the sensor is working. because it seems like motors are fine for both units i'm getting error codes.

schlf
03-30-2022, 05:52 AM

Btw about write sensor initial position memory (that's not the same of course but in case that's matter evev a bit)
+00078 Y
+00021 M
+00053 C
+00081 K

kandod
03-30-2022, 04:58 PM
Keep in mind that the black laser is unique, not the same as the color lasers. =^..^=

All 4 Write units are identical partnum A1DUR70U00.

No procedures are needed, just swap the units (and remember original position) and DO NOT write initial position memory. You can also use similar sensor from other parts for diagnostics (I guess).

schlf
03-31-2022, 12:01 PM
All 4 Write units are identical partnum A1DUR70U00.

No procedures are needed, just swap the units (and remember original position) and DO NOT write initial position memory. You can also use similar sensor from other parts for diagnostics (I guess).

Forgive me, but if you by any chance know what the approximate range of skew adj. I've tried to move it manually by simple rotating the motor but however didn't know where that range ends to calculate estimated values and yet blindly rotating the motor itself didn't work

schlf
03-31-2022, 01:52 PM
Forgive me, but if you by any chance know what the approximate range of skew adj. I've tried to move it manually by simple rotating the motor but however didn't know where that range ends to calculate estimated values and yet blindly rotating the motor itself didn't work
One more thing, swapped M and Y units and ran the machine in both cases err 4512

wjurls
03-31-2022, 05:36 PM
A bit offtopic but... nowadays it would be interesting sending parts from USA to Russia :D

Yeah... That might be a problem LOL

tulintron
03-31-2022, 09:48 PM
One more thing, swapped M and Y units and ran the machine in both cases err 4512Below the laser, there is a sensor and an actuator that moves by steel cable through a motor inside the laser. Compare the problematic laser with a good laser. If it is different, open the laser and manually position it to the desired point. I always get a positive result like this.

But only do this if it really is different and if you are sure the problem is in the laser.

4511 Laser Yellow
4512 Laser Magenta
4513 Laser Cyan
4514 Laser Black

tulintron
03-31-2022, 09:49 PM
If you have 4511 and 4512, I suppose you shouldn't invert yellow laser with magenta.

Compare or invert with cyan

schlf
04-11-2022, 12:08 PM
Below the laser, there is a sensor and an actuator that moves by steel cable through a motor inside the laser. Compare the problematic laser with a good laser. If it is different, open the laser and manually position it to the desired point. I always get a positive result like this.

But only do this if it really is different and if you are sure the problem is in the laser.

4511 Laser Yellow
4512 Laser Magenta
4513 Laser Cyan
4514 Laser Black

tried exactly this but none of my attempts were successful, sometimes the actuator was way in a wrong position after i give it a try. Is there any way to disable color registration with dipsw, or anything like this to just rid of the error and see how terrible the skew in fact is?

blackcat4866
04-11-2022, 02:17 PM
... Is there any way to disable color registration with dipsw, or anything like this to just rid of the error and see how terrible the skew in fact is?

Perhaps, but that would be pointless. It will cease to be a production quality printer. =^.^=

schlf
04-13-2022, 07:00 AM
Perhaps, but that would be pointless. It will cease to be a production quality printer. =^.^=

You're right, terrible idea.
Ended up now ordering some used units entirely, because that's the only option.
Can you help me out what to do when swapping them? Really don't want to end up with 6 units on my hands 4 of which are just dead

blackcat4866
04-13-2022, 03:24 PM
Just follow the procedure in the manual, not too complicated.

Were it me, I would label each laser unit C1, M1, Y1, K1, C2, M2, Y2, K2. As long as labor time isn't a huge issue, I would replace Y1 with Y2, M1 with M2, and run adjustments. Then see if you get any additional codes. If it's the first time for you, it'll take you 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete. If you have to go back in, it'll be quicker.

I personally have not experienced simultaneous multiple laser unit failures in the same machine, but I know of other techs that have.

I have anecdotal reports of a C6000 that pulled laser codes at 3 week intervals. The tech replaced three yellow laser units (each temporarily solving the issue). On the fourth laser installation, he also installed the PRCB. His theory was that the PRCB was overdriving the mirror adjusters, jamming up the worm gear drive. =^..^=

schlf
04-14-2022, 05:34 AM
Just follow the procedure in the manual, not too complicated.

Were it me, I would label each laser unit C1, M1, Y1, K1, C2, M2, Y2, K2. As long as labor time isn't a huge issue, I would replace Y1 with Y2, M1 with M2, and run adjustments. Then see if you get any additional codes. If it's the first time for you, it'll take you 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete. If you have to go back in, it'll be quicker.

I personally have not experienced simultaneous multiple laser unit failures in the same machine, but I know of other techs that have.

I have anecdotal reports of a C6000 that pulled laser codes at 3 week intervals. The tech replaced three yellow laser units (each temporarily solving the issue). On the fourth laser installation, he also installed the PRCB. His theory was that the PRCB was overdriving the mirror adjusters, jamming up the worm gear drive. =^..^=

Quite comical thing is that's what pretty much happened in my case, if the units are open the shutter is way out of range of the sensor, various manual adjustments didn't have any affects even regardlessly was it made by the copying of the working unit positioning or simply making a thread that holds the shutter longer or shrorter depends on which side it was moving to. Speaking of the PRCB theory, was he wright eventually?

blackcat4866
04-14-2022, 03:02 PM
... Speaking of the PRCB theory, was he right eventually?

Yes, that solved it. =^..^=

schlf
04-27-2022, 07:09 AM
Yes, that solved it. =^..^=

Update on the whole situation, tomorrow the used one working prcb will arrive and my concerenes are about the firmware version of it. Didn't find any info on how to update it, except that it needs to be done if they're not the same.

┐('~`;)┌ no idea what to do on that, basically when do i get the fw or how to upload that

blackcat4866
04-27-2022, 02:34 PM
It's been a really long time since I did firmware on a C6000.

Like any of the Konica based devices, the folder structure is very important. So when you extract the machine firmware you'll have the basic folder structure, but none of the accessory firmwares. You'll have to download each accessory firmware separately and place it in the correct lettered folder, like the manual says. You'll want only the most recent firmware in each folder (not multiple versions).

The firmware I have is at least 12 years old, so it won't help you. Follow the instructions in the manual. =^..^=

schlf
05-18-2022, 01:17 PM
So finally it's solved. replacing the prcb and 2 write units but now that thing works.
Although now doing duplex top to botom even if the file is top to top for sure but i guess that's another story

Custom Search