PDA

View Full Version : C558 stripes

Custom Search

wedotek
03-30-2022, 03:17 PM
Hello everybody.

I need your help:

Printing on a Konica Minolta C558, stripes come out (you can see in the attachments),
I've already changed the developer unit and imaging unit BK, belt and fuser from another print that is ok.
Whenever I changed one of the pieces and made the stabilization and graduation, the image was better, but it gets worse with the impressions.
I don't want to mess with the PH unit without listening to your opinions and advice.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Woxner
03-30-2022, 03:20 PM
Take the laser out and clean the underside of the glass cover

blackcat4866
03-30-2022, 05:34 PM
You weren't very specific in which direction these images were printed (feed direction versus crossfeed).

If you're talking about jitter crossfeed, I've seen that defect caused by one or more aftermarket drums. Just replacing with genuine KM drums has solved this issue for me. The drums just don't seem to turn as smoothly as OEM. =^..^=

copyman
03-30-2022, 07:46 PM
You didn't provide samples of black & cyan so assuming they are ok. If that is the case you need at least "NEW GENUINE" Yellow & Magenta drums.

Synthohol
03-30-2022, 08:24 PM
The gradation pattern ALWAYS prints the bars front to back just for the record so feed direction is opposite of the bar direction.

wedotek
03-31-2022, 04:10 PM
Scratches appear in all colors.

I already took the laser out and it was clean.

wedotek
03-31-2022, 04:37 PM
I stopped printing after the sheet passed the belt and without going through the fuser.
Although it is not visible in the image, on the part of the sheet that passed through the belt, horizontal stripes appear.

copyman
04-01-2022, 03:02 AM
Since you said drum was good look at black developer unit. It probably dumped and hardly any developer powder in unit. You can confirm this by printing black halftone test page like you did with magenta & yellow and if diagonal white streaks it dumped.

Might not apply here but keep in mind K toner is mixed with colors when copying & printing in color. Also when printing black in color mode color toner may be mixed in with black to get a truer black! This is why my IT guy creates 2 printer icons, one black only and one for color. And of course every color machine I sell control panel is set to default to black for copying, not to waste color toner.

Only printing test pages will isolate individual colors.

REGSIS
04-02-2022, 06:47 PM
Scratches appear in all colors.

I already took the laser out and it was clean.

Have you just looked at it and conclude it was clean or you took of the cover, flip it an clean all 4 windows' undersides and then uppersides.
Have you checked poligonal mirror by any chance?

And you didn't say is everything OEM or there's something AM (toner, drum, developer)?

wedotek
04-04-2022, 06:33 AM
I took the laser off and cleaned the windows on both sides and the mirrors on the inside.

Due to lack of printers, I bought this printer from another supplier and the imaging units are all compatible, I'm waiting for the OEM units to test.

wedotek
04-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Replaced the compatible imaging unit with an OEM one and the problem was solved.
Thanks a lot for the help.

copyman
04-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Thanks for update!

Another compatible consumable sends us technicians barking up the wrong tree. Wish the original post had told us they were using compatible! Would have saved a lot of time.

Anyway good that Regsis asked and issue resolved.

Custom Search