PDA

View Full Version : C224e switching drum units

Custom Search

kranyan
03-31-2022, 11:39 PM
Hello,

If I switch the black drum unit and the ships with one of the colors unit will I have any problems, or the deference is just the ship?

Thank You.

femaster
04-01-2022, 02:22 AM
Hello,

If I switch the black drum unit and the ships with one of the colors unit will I have any problems, or the deference is just the ship?

Thank You.

I'm sure you mean "chip" here. To answer your question, on the Cxx4 and Cxx4e series machines the only difference is the chip. Put a color chip on the black drum and you are good to go.

kranyan
04-01-2022, 12:04 PM
I'm sure you mean "chip" here. To answer your question, on the Cxx4 and Cxx4e series machines the only difference is the chip. Put a color chip on the black drum and you are good to go.

yes,the black drum unit is defected so i want to take it's ship and put it on any drum color unit and use it for black because i only mainly print black with this machine.

Thank you.

femaster
04-02-2022, 05:36 PM
yes,the black drum unit is defected so i want to take it's ship and put it on any drum color unit and use it for black because i only mainly print black with this machine.

Thank you.

OK, going the other way around, color to black. It should work fine that way as well, though I've not personally tried it. Most want to go from black to color because of the cost difference, as the color drums are basically double the price of the black.

Custom Search