PDA

View Full Version : DF-617 (BH-C-280/360) skew

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-02-2022, 12:32 PM
Almost all of these DF-617 ADF's for the BH-C-280/360 do have a slight skew. The original is turned a few degrees on its vertical axis, its not a distortion of the image, but the leading edge is just not parallel to the machine.

The adjustment under the right hand hinge is not always sufficient to adjust. Ofcourse are copies/scans from the platen 100% correct but via the ADF there is this skew. That's why lifting the front left corner of the sanner section would not help either.

I cannot find any other skew adjustments nor is there a loop forming system to equalize an eventual skew.

Do I miss something?

Hans

copyman
04-02-2022, 12:50 PM
Almost all of these DF-617 ADF's for the BH-C-280/360 do have a slight skew. The original is turned a few degrees on its vertical axis, its not a distortion of the image, but the leading edge is just not parallel to the machine.

The adjustment under the right hand hinge is not always sufficient to adjust. Ofcourse are copies/scans from the platen 100% correct but via the ADF there is this skew.

I cannot find any other skew adjustments nor is there a loop forming system to equalize an eventual skew.

Do I miss something?

Hans

Hey Hans,

I hear you loud and clear. I've also had that same issue several times and was only able to get the skew to a minimum. Could never figure it out. Had to replace one machine because customer couldn't live with slight skew. Only thing I could attribute this to was when machine was lease returned truckers, etc push machine around using the ADF and it bends the hinges slightly.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but hope someone else can offer a solution because I even have some 4 series with slight skew that adjustments couldn't correct.

Take care

Hansoon
04-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Thanks Copyman,

could it be that the mirrors when in the home position become slightly tilted? Are they just stop at a certain position or are they bumping to some kind of bollard and holding there?

Have no machine here yet to check but must go to a customer on Monday.

Hans

blackcat4866
04-02-2022, 02:12 PM
More likely, you've probably got worn DF hinges, changing the height between the slit glass and the white plate. You can try to adjust the height ... or replace the hinges, then try to adjust height again. =^..^=

Hansoon
04-02-2022, 04:45 PM
More likely, you've probably got worn DF hinges, changing the height between the slit glass and the white plate. You can try to adjust the height ... or replace the hinges, then try to adjust height again. =^..^=

Did that all, plus the Alpha and Omega, plus more and also everything, not to forget the logical and illogical with other machines in the past. Better, but still unsatisfying.

There must be some evil secret in that KonicaMinolta equipment.
Should I try to drive the evil out be sacrificing a cute fluffy animal on top of the machine?

Hans

copyman
04-02-2022, 05:17 PM

I've thought about the hinges being worn but I've had this happen on machines with under 20k pages. Most people use ADF and don't open the doc feeder to wear out hinges.

copyman
04-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Did that all, plus the Alpha and Omega, plus more and also everything, not to forget the logical and illogical with other machines in the past. Better, but still unsatisfying.

There must be some evil secret in that KonicaMinolta equipment.
Should I try to drive the evil out be sacrificing a cute fluffy animal on top of the machine?

Hans

ha-ha. if the fluffy animal don't work perhaps performing exorcism......

copyman
04-02-2022, 05:23 PM
Thanks Copyman,

could it be that the mirrors when in the home position become slightly tilted? Are they just stop at a certain position or are they bumping to some kind of bollard and holding there?

Have no machine here yet to check but must go to a customer on Monday.

Hans

That is good thought but several times I've swapped the whole ADF from another machine and was able to get rid of skew. So my thought it is definitely with the feeder. Again when I see the guys in the off lease warehouse they always move the machines around by pushing on the ADF's. I think this may damage the hinges or something else inside the feeder.

Custom Search