PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-384e, Black & White only?

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Anyone knows a way to inhibit the color copy/print function of these color machines - basically so the user cannot, by no way, use the color function? Reason for asking is that a rental customer wants his BH-423 to be replaced "for a more modern machine" They make exclusively only black and white copies and prints. They do not need, as they say, "never ever" color.

The old BH-423 is doing there very well and from my side no reason to change the equipment.
We don't have any B&W machines anymore since everybody is asking for color these days and I don't want too many types of machines in the field, otherwise I could take a mono BH-458 for the purpose.

My idea is to take a BH-C-364e or one of the color "8" series for the purpose and just block the color functionality.

Any ideas how to do this eventually?

Hans

femaster
04-02-2022, 06:32 PM
For printing you could either default the driver to greyscale, or just install the mono driver.

As for copying, there was a way to remove the color option from the copy screen through a switch setting on older machines. You could try that switch setting on the C364e and see if it still works on that model. There is a thread on the forum here that you had started the end of 2021 about the C280 asking about the same thing. The link to the post in the thread with the switch setting: BH-C-280, K only? (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/158908-bh-c-280-k-only-post1854578.html#post1854578)

I'd just note what the original setting was just in case it doesn't work. You can always set it back to original if you find it doesn't remove the color option.

REGSIS
04-03-2022, 10:37 PM
Anyone knows a way to inhibit the color copy/print function of these color machines - basically so the user cannot, by no way, use the color function? Reason for asking is that a rental customer wants his BH-423 to be replaced "for a more modern machine" They make exclusively only black and white copies and prints. They do not need, as they say, "never ever" color.

The old BH-423 is doing there very well and from my side no reason to change the equipment.
We don't have any B&W machines anymore since everybody is asking for color these days and I don't want too many types of machines in the field, otherwise I could take a mono BH-458 for the purpose.

My idea is to take a BH-C-364e or one of the color "8" series for the purpose and just block the color functionality.

Any ideas how to do this eventually?

Hans

Turn ON user authentication but leave public user.
User Auth ----> General -----> * ON MFP
Public user Access -----> * ON (without login)

Set default function permission to black (copy&print).
Set public user function permission to black (copy&print).

User Authentication Setting ----> Administrative Setting:
ID& Print --- * OFF
Public user ---- * Print Immediately

[Utility] [Administrator] - [User Auth/Account Track] [ Prohibited Function Login Setting]
select - *Do not request

Print without Authentication - * Black only (Print job which is sent in color will be printed in B&W)
User Atuh/Account track common settings:
Single/2 Color management - * Color (This must be set to color otherwise this type of job will not be converted in B&W).

And you can set calibration to "black priority"

Test

Works for me on 4&8 color series!

Gift
04-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Turn ON user authentication but leave public user.
User Auth ----> General -----> * ON MFP
Public user Access -----> * ON (without login)

Set default function permission to black (copy&print).
Set public user function permission to black (copy&print).

User Authentication Setting ----> Administrative Setting:
ID& Print --- * OFF
Public user ---- * Print Immediately

[Utility] [Administrator] - [User Auth/Account Track] [ Prohibited Function Login Setting]
select - *Do not request

Print without Authentication - * Black only (Print job which is sent in color will be printed in B&W)
User Atuh/Account track common settings:
Single/2 Color management - * Color (This must be set to color otherwise this type of job will not be converted in B&W).

And you can set calibration to "black priority"

Test

Works for me on 4&8 color series!

Very nice - i actually copy&paste that in to my tech tips collection^^

Custom Search