PDA

View Full Version : C258 Wiping Hard Drive

Custom Search

JayPaul
04-04-2022, 11:02 AM
Hi, I am primarily a Ricoh tech but we are taking over a customer who were originally sold a Xerox 6605 and a Konica C258.
The company they are dealing with are absolute cowboys we have had a few run ins with. The customer wants their hard drives wiped on both machines before they are collected but they don't trust the cowboys to do it (and they would probably charge another £100 per machine).
On a Ricoh you just go into service mode and do a full format, I am guessing there is something similar with the Konica? If so how would I do this?
If it involves typing in a code to get into service mode, you can PM me instead of writing it publicly, to save non techs seeing it.
Cheers for the assist (I will be writing a duplicate thread in the Xerox Forum as well)

Gift
04-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C368-C308-C258/EN/contents/opkey_881_S.html)

Your Customer (or you) can perform a simple format or even a complex overwrite for the HDD in admin menue. It's also possible to print a report afterwards as "proof".
Consider that the overwrite option is going to take up some more time depending on the selected method.

JayPaul
04-04-2022, 11:32 AM
That's brilliant cheers for the link, I imagine they would be happy even with Mode 1 Overwrite, that must only take a few minutes. Either way I can do it while installing the new machine.
Much appreciated

Custom Search