PDA

View Full Version : Biz 224e Code C2152

Custom Search

copyman
04-05-2022, 08:42 PM
This is one code I thought I would never see now that all the C253's are gone. I've changed at least 30 of the trans belt sensors with new style on the C253. A real pain in the ass to do.

Anyway customer called with jam in same place every time with code 30-03. paper stopping same exact place between fuser rollers.

Ok so I go out with a new CL8 and install using the shortcut method (not much comes apart). Clutch was coated with the famous orange dust so think this will be an easy fix and all I'll have to do. WRONG!

Go to test machine and throws a C2253 code, resets then throws only a 2152 code after opening and closing front door.

Checked everything I did, looking for loose connectors, etc etc. Like I said using the shortcut method to replace fuser exit clutch CL8 hardly anything is taken apart.

Had to walk away to re-group.

Note: Machine has 350k clicks. Located in restaurant office with mouse problem. Replaced a machine with chewed wires a few years ago. But that machine had much evidence of mouse poop / pee and could see chewed wires everywhere. NOT this machine, every thing still looked clean and no chewed wires I could see. Of course as weird as this is I suspect chewed wires I can't see.

Thanks for any ideas

tsbservice
04-05-2022, 09:37 PM
Is it color or B&W?

Edit:
It should be C224e as this code is only for color model.
Check ITB for broken plastic lever that moves 1st transfer rollers and carefully air blow sensor at rear of machine, I think it was PS39. Get toner contaminaited sometimes just know it is hard to see it.

copyman
04-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Sorry it's a C224e

Will stop back with another trans belt. What threw me off is the other 2253 code it threw first.

copyman
04-10-2022, 10:34 PM
Went back out for the C2152 code and after replacing several items noted in the service manual still throwing the code. Replaced the trans belt, fuser motor, cleaned CL5. Could not find PS39 trans belt sensor? That pretty much leaves the PRCB or my gut feeling of chewed wires from mice.

Very strange it went from the common 30-03 jam which CL8 has always fixed to throwing a constant 2152 code. Open and closing front resets code but comes back after a few secs. Of course since 2152 was not in the service history I figured it had to be something I did while replacing CL8, I triple checked everything. Like I side I used shortcut to replace CL8 so not much had to be taken apart.

Actually out of the 100's of "4" series I service this is first time I've seen a 2152 code. Like I mentioned in original post I've seen it many times on the old C203 series and thought / hoping I would never see it again!

blackcat4866
04-10-2022, 11:01 PM
LOL! I did this too! From the database:

"C2152" error, after replacing exit clutch CL8 (C554e). First transfer pressure failure. Transfer drive is not correctly aligned after re-inserting drive pack. Re-seat primary transfer belt to properly engage the drive coupler. Perform System Error Clear if necessary.

I've also seen C2152 a few other times. It is usually caused by a dusty sensor PS39. Sometimes that dusting is caused by a backed up primary transfer waste unit.

"C2152" error, after replacing exit clutch CL8 (C554e). First transfer pressure failure. 24vdc line to CL6 (CN12-10 @ PRCB) has been shorted to ground at PJ15 @ MFPB. ICP3 is blown on PRCB, losing 24vdc to CL5, CL6, CL8, FM2, FM8, & SD3. Repair short to CL6 harness. Replace PRCB (A5AY H001 01, see pg G59 of service manual).

"An internal error has occurred. It will be reset automatically." three times, then "C2152" error (C754e). Cyan toner dusting from the cyan imaging unit buries PS52 1st transfer pressure sensor CMY. Remove waste toner bottle, imaging units, and primary transfer belt to clean cyan toner from PS52 1st transfer pressure sensor CMY (on the rear primary transfer rail, towards the left). Perform System Error Clear.

I think I have a few photos:

=^..^=

copyman
04-10-2022, 11:43 PM
LOL! I did this too! From the database:

"C2152" error, after replacing exit clutch CL8 (C554e). First transfer pressure failure. Transfer drive is not correctly aligned after re-inserting drive pack. Re-seat primary transfer belt to properly engage the drive coupler. Perform System Error Clear if necessary.

I've also seen C2152 a few other times. It is usually caused by a dusty sensor PS39. Sometimes that dusting is caused by a backed up primary transfer waste unit.

"C2152" error, after replacing exit clutch CL8 (C554e). First transfer pressure failure. 24vdc line to CL6 (CN12-10 @ PRCB) has been shorted to ground at PJ15 @ MFPB. ICP3 is blown on PRCB, losing 24vdc to CL5, CL6, CL8, FM2, FM8, & SD3. Repair short to CL6 harness. Replace PRCB (A5AY H001 01, see pg G59 of service manual).

"An internal error has occurred. It will be reset automatically." three times, then "C2152" error (C754e). Cyan toner dusting from the cyan imaging unit buries PS52 1st transfer pressure sensor CMY. Remove waste toner bottle, imaging units, and primary transfer belt to clean cyan toner from PS52 1st transfer pressure sensor CMY (on the rear primary transfer rail, towards the left). Perform System Error Clear.

I think I have a few photos:

=^..^=

Thanks for the great info Cat! I searched "2152" in knowledge base and nothing came up under "C224e"

Like I mentioned in posts I did not remove the drive pack. I used shortcut to replace CL8. Very easy.

But the other info is very good and will go back out and give it another shot. In the pic of inside rear frame which is the sensor? I'm assuming the one at very top of pic? Also guessing by the cyan toner that is the drive coupling for the Cyan dev unit?

Thanks again!

blackcat4866
04-11-2022, 01:19 AM
That photo is out of a C754e ... so PS52 looks a little different than PS39 on a C224e ... but yes, it performs the same function. =^..^=

copyman
04-11-2022, 02:09 AM
That photo is out of a C754e ... so PS52 looks a little different than PS39 on a C224e ... but yes, it performs the same function. =^..^=

Just to be clear is the PS52 / PS39 sensor at the very top in the picture? I looked at C224e in my shop without taking completely apart and still can't find the sensor. Is it a photo-sensor or actuated type?

Thanks again

blackcat4866
04-11-2022, 03:11 AM
Please don't ignore the other possibilities. I won't bring it up again.

PS39 is a photointerrupter that is mounted on the back or the rear frame. You cannot see it from the front ... only a small hole that the lever passes through. With some luck, you may be able to blow enough air in through the hole to clean the photointerruptor without stripping the back of the machine.

=^..^=

copyman
04-11-2022, 04:56 AM
Please don't ignore the other possibilities. I won't bring it up again.

PS39 is a photointerrupter that is mounted on the back or the rear frame. You cannot see it from the front ... only a small hole that the lever passes through. With some luck, you may be able to blow enough air in through the hole to clean the photointerruptor with stripping the back of the machine.

=^..^=

I made note of all the things you posted and will try them all.

Once again thanks for the detailed info.

Will report back with what the fix was!

Hansoon
04-11-2022, 10:57 AM
I had two months ago a BH-C-280 doing that. Blowing out the sensor from where the TB normally sits with a mobile compressor, did the trick until now. To reach that sensor it needed a thin rubber tube on the airgun.

Hans

copyman
04-27-2022, 12:13 AM
ICP3 was blown. Have machine back at shop and will look at CL6 harness for short and will take machine completely apart until I find PS39 to clean. After all of this I need to see this PS39 sensor in my hand!!!

Since ICP3 fuse is surface mount I will take good one from another board and replace blown fuse.

Will let you know how it goes when I get a chance to get to it. If all fails will have a good parts machine....

Thanks to everyone and especially the Cat!

Custom Search