PDA

View Full Version : C308 does not recognise magenta toner.

Custom Search

Copybox
04-05-2022, 10:12 PM
Symptoms

C308 has recently had its waste toner replaced (not full) it was full of magenta toner in the see-through plastic piece, machine was asking for a new waste toner, put another in problem solved.
Prints have magenta toner blurred all over the page, - but the drum is at 72% and not yet ready to change, but I have changed anyway and this fixed the problem, however print outs still have a very faint magenta hue on the page
Have put in 3 newmagenta toners - the machine is not registering them and is still asking for toner to be replenished.

On top of that there are 3 maintenance required codes showing on remote system P-7, P-21 & P-28

Machine is down as mag toner is not reading.

Was told it may be the dev unit or toner hopper...
Can anyone pinpoint what the actual issue is based on the above symptoms and maintenence codes??

Thanks for the help.
J

GIUBOSS
04-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Do you have the technical manual? P21, P28 could be a problem of cleaning or damage to the transfer belt, dirty sensors id, check if inside the machine there is no developer leaking from the development unit. PM counters?

alberto
11-02-2023, 06:13 PM
I notice this is an old post and I see it is also from the Uk
i am seeing a lot of this exact problem , all magenta , over the last month
or so and it can only be down to defective compatible toner
I have been all over the place because of this and I was curious as to who you were buying your toner from ?

elmaligno
11-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Some compatible toners damage the chip reader contacts of the toner bottle, leaving them too deep. This is a common problem, so it does not detect the bottle.

Custom Search