PDA

View Full Version : Toner shortage

Custom Search

dbeyma
04-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Will TN-512K ( C-554)toner substitute for TN-711K (C-754)

I have 6 Tn-512K and can't even sniff TN-711K. Tried ordering through Konica but apparently they don't want my business.

Boy I feel bad for anyone working for Knoica. Customer service is the WORST!

emujo2
04-06-2022, 03:59 PM
That's a little unfair to KM...I need a new fence in my back yard..Home depot has no lumber, or the stuff on the shelves has been sold..I guess they don't want my business..It's a mess, but you can put the 512 K into the 754 bottle.

Edit..Didn't want to change my post, but if the 711 has developer in it you probably don't want to add it..My mind was on the 958 that we just did this to for a customer.

kingarthur
04-06-2022, 04:36 PM
Will TN-512K ( C-554)toner substitute for TN-711K (C-754)

I have 6 Tn-512K and can't even sniff TN-711K. Tried ordering through Konica but apparently they don't want my business.

Boy I feel bad for anyone working for Knoica. Customer service is the WORST!

Check the MSDS for the toner & dev for compatibility

dbeyma
04-06-2022, 05:02 PM
That's a little unfair to KM...I need a new fence in my back yard..Home depot has no lumber, or the stuff on the shelves has been sold..I guess they don't want my business..It's a mess, but you can put the 512 K into the 754 bottle. E

Thank you
In this case Home depot has the fence. But wants me to call and inquire then wait 6 days for a return call to register my business then I waited 3 days for a confirmation e-mail with a customer number and serial number and a phone number to call in the order. Ten days and finally Hallelujah. But now I have no idea how much the fence costs and or when the fence will be shipped.
Again I feel sorry for their employees.

copyman
04-06-2022, 09:19 PM
I would not use the TN512 in the TN711. I would use aftermarket first (can't believe I just wrote that). Image units in the C654/754 are just too expensive to take the chance!

I agree with original post. I blame Kon/Min for the toner shortage and think it sucks they would short the whole world with toner. Why would a Big company have all their toner in one place and a fire at ONE factory cause the world to suffer.
I'm pissed that after 40+ yrs telling my customers to ONLY use Genuine toner then have to sell them aftermarket! Makes me look bad and have had customers tell me "not to ever sell them a Kon/Min again". How would you feel if you put out $10,000 for a copier and couldn't get toner for it for several months? Would you buy Kon/Min again. When the office next door has a Canon or other brand and they have no problem getting toner!

Yes Kon/Min is going to suffer because of this and they should!!!

PS, 95% of machines I sell / service are Konica Minolta so it hurt me big time as you can tell by this post....

dbeyma
04-06-2022, 09:41 PM
I would not use the TN512 in the TN711. I would use aftermarket first (can't believe I just wrote that). Image units in the C654/754 are just too expensive to take the chance!

I agree with original post. I blame Kon/Min for the toner shortage and think it sucks they would short the whole world with toner. Why would a Big company have all their toner in one place and a fire at ONE factory cause the world to suffer.
I'm pissed that after 40+ yrs telling my customers to ONLY use Genuine toner then have to sell them aftermarket! Makes me look bad and have had customers tell me "not to ever sell them a Kon/Min again". How would you feel if you put out $10,000 for a copier and couldn't get toner for it for several months? Would you buy Kon/Min again. When the office next door has a Canon or other brand and they have no problem getting toner!

Yes Kon/Min is going to suffer because of this and they should!!!

PS, 95% of machines I sell / service are Konica Minolta so it hurt me big time as you can tell by this post....

It is getting better, I love my Konica's, I've been using them for 15 years and this site has helped tremendously.
I wasn't able to get Tn-512k for my C- 554 but now I can get all I want.
I just recently rolled the dice and bought a new to me C-654 only to find out I can't get TN-711Ks. Colors I can get.
Just got to get over the hump.

copyman
04-07-2022, 01:13 AM
I would use C552 / C652 toner before the "4" series toner (C552/C652 have same footprint) Perhaps modify or swap the end caps to fit? Or buy correct refill toner and the chip if available.

copyman
04-07-2022, 01:28 AM
It is getting better, I love my Konica's, I've been using them for 15 years and this site has helped tremendously.
I wasn't able to get Tn-512k for my C- 554 but now I can get all I want.
I just recently rolled the dice and bought a new to me C-654 only to find out I can't get TN-711Ks. Colors I can get.
Just got to get over the hump.

I love them too but feels like I have a Ferri that I can't get gas to drive it !!!

Just wanted to add Minolta saved Konica when they merged back in 2003. Konica alone models sucked all the years before. Don't ask me why but Minolta decided to merge with Konica and let them make the 50+ ppm models while Minolta (NEC) made the color & smaller models. The rest is history with Konica models like the Biz 601 / 754, etc. As I mentioned in other posts perhaps the worst 50+ ppm models ever made! 40+ years in the business and never worked on one "Konica" that was good! Only other OEM I can say that about was the short lived "Sanyo" models. They were really bad!

Custom Search