PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub 601 - Light stain on the entire sheet

Custom Search

joaopauloooo
04-06-2022, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone,

So I have just changed the corona wires and the charging plate on this konica 601, cleaned every other part and reset these counters, also made a drum peculiarity adj. and it was working perfect.
After about 10k clicks it started to make a light stain on each page as you can se on the atached photo and this video.
Konica minolta bizhub 601 stain issue - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xX45AshInWQ)

What should I check?

blackcat4866
04-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Oh ... it might be a little overtoned ... like every other 601. When you examined the separation/transfer corona unit, was there 20mm of toner piled inside?

Cantechman
04-06-2022, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone,

So I have just changed the corona wires and the charging plate on this konica 601, cleaned every other part and reset these counters, also made a drum peculiarity adj. and it was working perfect.
After about 10k clicks it started to make a light stain on each page as you can se on the atached photo and this video.
Konica minolta bizhub 601 stain issue - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xX45AshInWQ)

What should I check?

if you can find one I would replace the dev unit.

copyman
04-06-2022, 09:09 PM
Hello everyone,

What should I check?

With the old Biz 601 it could be many things. You posted you replaced the corona wires & charge plate. Did you replace anything else like the developer powder or drum? When was last time the machine had the 250k maint kit? Genuine toner?
Change the drum & developer, put 250k kit in and do peculiarity adj again. Make sure to do adj in order. Think there are 10 of them.
Parts & 250k maint kit should be inexpensive, if you can find. Ebay etc.

This was perhaps one of worse Kon / Min models! A real toner pig! Actually a Konica footprint before they merged with Minolta then used same design after the merge with Bizhub 601/751. Why they continued to stay with this design all those years is beyond me. Gave Minolta a bad name back then. As I've posted here many times biggest problem was recycling the toner. Just can't do that on high volume machines with the recycled toner being contaminated with paper dust, etc. When I was working on dozens of that model only way to get them to work half decent was to schedule at least monthly visits to vac out the waste pipe & cleaning units. This kept developer from crashing. Or changing developer around 100k pages. The 250k maint kit done on schedule was a must! Had a few that ran ok but most where just plain bad! Especially if put in a low volume office. Seem to run better when used in high volume environments.

joaopauloooo
04-07-2022, 10:43 AM
With the old Biz 601 it could be many things. You posted you replaced the corona wires & charge plate. Did you replace anything else like the developer powder or drum? When was last time the machine had the 250k maint kit? Genuine toner?
Change the drum & developer, put 250k kit in and do peculiarity adj again. Make sure to do adj in order. Think there are 10 of them.
Parts & 250k maint kit should be inexpensive, if you can find. Ebay etc.

This was perhaps one of worse Kon / Min models! A real toner pig! Actually a Konica footprint before they merged with Minolta then used same design after the merge with Bizhub 601/751. Why they continued to stay with this design all those years is beyond me. Gave Minolta a bad name back then. As I've posted here many times biggest problem was recycling the toner. Just can't do that on high volume machines with the recycled toner being contaminated with paper dust, etc. When I was working on dozens of that model only way to get them to work half decent was to schedule at least monthly visits to vac out the waste pipe & cleaning units. This kept developer from crashing. Or changing developer around 100k pages. The 250k maint kit done on schedule was a must! Had a few that ran ok but most where just plain bad! Especially if put in a low volume office. Seem to run better when used in high volume environments.

Thank you very much for this information. I didn't know it was a bad machine but suspected that when I saw it recycled the toner with paper dust.
I bought this machine in 2018 as a bargain for 750€ new (zero clicks) and it's been runing since then with a little over 1.2 million clicks now.
Cleaned and changed the dev powder 3 times but never changed the drum.
Always use original/genuine toner.
Never used the 250k kit, as I can never find one here.

femaster
04-08-2022, 04:50 AM
Thank you very much for this information. I didn't know it was a bad machine but suspected that when I saw it recycled the toner with paper dust.
I bought this machine in 2018 as a bargain for 750€ new (zero clicks) and it's been runing since then with a little over 1.2 million clicks now.
Cleaned and changed the dev powder 3 times but never changed the drum.
Always use original/genuine toner.
Never used the 250k kit, as I can never find one here.

If you got 1.3 Million out of that drum, you did damn good! I'd definitely say that is most likely your issue. You may also want to take a look at the upper and lower fuser rollers and see if they are in decent shape. Some of what you see there might be from toner sticking to the fusing rollers and getting re-deposited, especially if the cleaning web in the fuser has never been changed (250K kit).

Good luck, they are a "fun" machine for sure. We still have 3 of this style machine out in the field at customer locations that refuse to give them up. Had 4 until about 2 months ago, finally got that customer to replace it with something a bit more modern.

joaopauloooo
05-11-2022, 12:29 PM
If you got 1.3 Million out of that drum, you did damn good! I'd definitely say that is most likely your issue. You may also want to take a look at the upper and lower fuser rollers and see if they are in decent shape. Some of what you see there might be from toner sticking to the fusing rollers and getting re-deposited, especially if the cleaning web in the fuser has never been changed (250K kit).

Good luck, they are a "fun" machine for sure. We still have 3 of this style machine out in the field at customer locations that refuse to give them up. Had 4 until about 2 months ago, finally got that customer to replace it with something a bit more modern.

Still waiting on the new drum to arrive, it was about time, thanks for the tip.

What machine would be a good repleacement for that one without spending my kidney?

Custom Search