PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-284e, faxoption

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-07-2022, 03:49 PM
I just installed for the first time an FK-511 fax kit. Machine seems to operate but what I am missing is the fax monitor sound over the speaker as I know from previous models. This BH-C-284e has two speakers. What could be the reason that at least one of them is not working as a fax monitor? What did I miss?

Hans

copier addict
04-07-2022, 05:24 PM
I just installed for the first time an FK-511 fax kit. Machine seems to operate but what I am missing is the fax monitor sound over the speaker as I know from previous models. This BH-C-284e has two speakers. What could be the reason that at least one of them is not working as a fax monitor? What did I miss?

Hans

Go into admin mode. Select fax settings, line parameter settings. Page two and select line monitor.

copyman
04-07-2022, 07:06 PM
Make sure the country code is correct!

tsbservice
04-07-2022, 07:09 PM
Like ca already said:

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[Fax Settings]

[Line Parameter Setting]

[Line Monitor Sound]

Select whether to monitor sounds on the telephone line during fax communication.
[OFF] is specified by default.

Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554e-C454e-C364e-C284e-C224e/EN/contents/opkey_1113_S.html)

Gift
04-08-2022, 07:10 AM
You should hear something if you press the phone-handset icon on the top/left of the screen and dial some numbers. I think other line sounds are disabled by default and can be enabled as already described here,

Hansoon
04-08-2022, 07:29 AM
I previously set up the system correct already as you describe but since everything looks so much different than before and it was the first time I did it in this generation of machines I expected some set up mistakes from my side with this Stone-Age technology.....
Seems that the speaker is not operative. Will have a look on Saturday for it. Thanks for you help guys.

Hans

Hansoon
04-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Yes, indeed it was the front speaker. Some dork (me?) left the harness unconnected.
The solution is so simple I should have found it out myself. I was just expecting unusual set up procedures unknown to me.

Thanks guys and have a nice weekend.

Hans

Custom Search