PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C3070L toner scattering from developing unit

Custom Search

mariuscmr
04-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I have this issue as I show in this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqeghSSvcs

I have this issue with cyan only. I replaced the developer and the issue is still there, and all prints come out blue-ish. I didn't replace the dev unit yet because it's still under 100% run time. Could it be a compatibility issue between developer and toner? Not using original toner due to short supply after Japan factory explosion from August 2021. So I had to use "compatible" toner.

I'm also using compatible yellow toner but it's printing fine.

Please advise me!

Thank you!

blackcat4866
04-08-2022, 03:28 AM
On color machines that do very long runs of black only (I had a machine that ran 120K K and not a single color page in a month), the color developers tend to overtone. Occasionally, I have had luck with de-toning the specific color developer, but for the most part you'll end up changing developer.

There's no point in getting obsessed with getting 100% yield on every consumable. Especially in a production print environment, where quality is essential, you won't see 100% yield very often. =^..^=

REGSIS
04-08-2022, 06:11 AM
I had this issue on C8000. Check toner filter an vacum ventilation ports/pipes. On these models a modified dev unit was a part of solution.
Didn't have this issue on C3070.
Non OEM toner plays its part for sure.
Voltages are different for every color and cyan is first in line to cause such a problem.

Custom Search