PDA

View Full Version : I-Series Clogged Transfer Belt Cleaning Unit Bulletin.

Custom Search

femaster
04-08-2022, 08:22 PM
I know there has been a lot of discussion about the waste toner backing up in the transfer belt cleaning units and the subsequent noise because of it. As of April 6, Konica has released a Tech Bulletin regarding the waste toner backup problem. According to the bulletin, it looks like Konica made a change to the internal plastic panel of the machines, and this change is what caused the problem. They are offering a free fix for dealers, but I figured for those that don't qualify to get the free fix, at least having the details would put you in a better position to come up with a fix on your own.

Bulletin is Attached.

tech51
04-08-2022, 08:30 PM
So they change the shape of cover for some unknown reason, introduce a fault that didn’t exist before, then have to come up with a modification to fix it.

Good old KM😜

femaster
04-08-2022, 08:31 PM
So they change the shape of cover for some unknown reason, introduce a fault that didn’t exist before, then have to come up with a modification to fix it.

Good old KM😜

Yup, you hit the nail squarely on the head!

blackcat4866
04-08-2022, 10:12 PM
The way I read this, it's really easy for the enduser to incorrectly install the waste toner bottle, so the waste shutter isn't opened. I see an alignment pinhole in the new style cover ... but does it mate with a post on the bottle itself? I don't exactly understand. =^..^=

copyman
04-08-2022, 10:49 PM
Didn't look at bulletin but almost sounds like the issue with the Bizhub c220 series several models ago. There was a bulletin addressing toner backing up into transfer belt and making loud gear chattering noise!

Think Kon / Min would learn from mistakes....

femaster
04-09-2022, 03:20 AM
The way I read this, it's really easy for the enduser to incorrectly install the waste toner bottle, so the waste shutter isn't opened. I see an alignment pinhole in the new style cover ... but does it mate with a post on the bottle itself? I don't exactly understand. =^..^=

I'm not sure if the hole you are looking at is an alignment hole or not, but I don't believe it is. If you look at the image I've included, the dark grey part is what KM changed. They removed some of the height in the plastic on the end where the T-Belt shutter is. As a result the box can be inserted at too sharp of an angle which then doesn't push the shutter on the waste box open. They are resolving the issue by giving away a flat piece of plastic that you can adhere to the panel they screwed up with their modification. The plastic piece raises the edge back up to where it originally was and is supposed to prevent the waste box from being installed at a sharp angle so the shutter opens every time the waste box is reinstalled.

blackcat4866
04-09-2022, 02:20 PM
Thanks. =^..^=

copyrooks
04-10-2022, 03:25 PM
Before i saw the bulletin i thought konica was gonna pay us to cut springs on each machine :o

pappyvonsillypants
08-03-2023, 03:56 PM
call me crazy, but why not just remove the upper shutter? The c368 waste has no shutter!
would this cause an issue?
has anyone just removed the shutter to see if it works?
I will try myself, but was curios if any one had tried this?

copier tech
08-03-2023, 05:18 PM
call me crazy, but why not just remove the upper shutter? The c368 waste has no shutter!
would this cause an issue?
has anyone just removed the shutter to see if it works?
I will try myself, but was curios if any one had tried this?

The shutter IS needed to stop end users tipping waste toner all down themselves !

pappyvonsillypants
08-03-2023, 05:24 PM
The shutter IS needed to stop end users tipping waste toner all down themselves !

I suppose, but the 4 and 8 series has no shutter??

tsbservice
08-03-2023, 05:54 PM
I suppose, but the 4 and 8 series has no shutter??

Wtb is different on i series.

Markks
08-04-2023, 04:02 AM
This only applies to the color i-series. These have a two piece waste toner box. The shutter is on the half that only the tech should pull out, it has a small cover in the middle to release. The end user only removes / replaces the lower half which has two visible latches. What Konica suggested for techs to do before this bulletin was to attach both halves before putting it in machine. With all that being said you can and I have removed the spring on the shutter but I tape the shutter open to make sure it makes a good seal to the machine because there is a ledge that goes against the port in the machine

suomi
08-04-2023, 08:52 AM
Cut 2-4 turns of the spring.

Custom Search