PDA

View Full Version : DP-8060 Bending Upper Fuser Claw Support

Custom Search

travi
01-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I have had a machine that has been in the field 6 months and have had to replace this part twice. The claw support gets bent so bad that the claw will not work right after trying to straighten the support. The machine has over 370,000 prints on it. Is this a common occurance? Thanks.

The-Peanut
01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I have had a machine that has been in the field 6 months and have had to replace this part twice. The claw support gets bent so bad that the claw will not work right after trying to straighten the support. The machine has over 370,000 prints on it. Is this a common occurance? Thanks.

i would say the machine has a underlying fault which is causing the machine to jam alot, thus the customer is removing the jam from the fuser unit which bends the bracket as the paper is removed from the picker fingers

check the print information report in F9 to confirm regular jams.

John

travi
01-07-2009, 10:59 PM
There is only an occasional jam in the fuser. Maybe one every 15,000 pages.

The-Peanut
01-08-2009, 08:44 AM
There is only an occasional jam in the fuser. Maybe one every 15,000 pages.

aye but if the machine is jamming caused by another area of the machine & because the machine will be doing multiple copies u can assume that u will have to remove a jam from the fuser as well as the transport and paper feed etc.

i know the machine overtones which causes jams and cq probs

u can adjust the following if thats the case

adjust F6-62 to -8 [-5 for older models] (pulls the density back a little)

adjust F6-31 to -15 (lowers the temp of the fuser unit)
adjust F6-32 to -15 (lowers temp for the fuser edge's)

adjust F5-74 change to 1/10 (ajust web feed)

JVergin
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Make sure they're not using their own "tools" to remove jams in the fuser.

mjunkaged
09-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Yea, I have had that problem as well, that particular part that holds the fingers is made out of tin-foil!! If you FART on it, you'll have to replace it.
Also, the fingers don't last, and the machine has corona wires-I thought that went out with analog photocopiers??
The prior poster is right about detoning the machine helping reduce fuser jams, but not sure if he gave you the right F codes.
Got a SM?
I remember turning all mine down to -50 value.
Worked better.
Less service calls.
Less broken fuser parts.
PS a larger lead void value will also reduce pick finger jams.
Yep. Of course, it is flying through the machine at 60ppm so some jamming may occur. Esp. With carelessly loaded/cheap paper, or too-dense copies/prints.

onetek
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
On all those we service, j41 occures about every 10k copies, leading to a service call to clear the jam. the problem is known to panasonic and they are working on a fix.Current one is going back to fixing seperation fingers on the gate like they used to be on earlier models. This way, customers can clear the jam themseves easier whithout damaging fuser.......

Magebomba
09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
i personally think this is another effect from the overtoning. i do all i can to lean out a machine but in the end, almost every time, developer fails ect. This quickly puts a residue on the fingers per the roller not being properly cleaned, and paper slides up under the picker.
If I replace the pickers, then i replace the developer. It seems to buy lots more time then a new bracket and fingers by themselves.

If panasonic is doing anything about it i would be pleasantly surprised ;)

Urushiol
09-30-2009, 04:02 AM
As the others have mentioned, if you have a machine that does this its always good to tone down the density, and move the web advance to 1/10. I have also found it helps to increase the lead edge void to at least 3/16.

Had an 8060 that had j41+broken claws/bent brackets every 2-5k. Tryed replacing claws, bracket, and upper fuser roller to no avail. Replaced them a second time, plus toned down the copy, chanced web advance to 1/10, increased lead edge void and it hasn't had a fuser jam in over 60k.

Knock on wood;)

Urushiol
09-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Make sure they're not using their own "tools" to remove jams in the fuser.

Yup those are the worse. Walked in one time to a mangled fuser roller, and found the customers needle noes pliers right by the machine, doh!:eek:

edwin3268
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I have also found that upper separation assembly to be made out of "tin foil"...LOL .Customer broke 2 of the sep claws pulling out paper jams. They only jam when doing invoices once a month. they use some cheap ass paper with the bottom perferated to tear off reciept from invoice. I have not found any adjustment to correct this ...get better quality paper??? Also have found developer dumps on the corona wires (2) on the tray. messy! I have seen a gray line about one quater inch wide on the bottom traing edge on at least 3 of the DP-80-60's I usually just replace the developer and the upper separation assembly both!

Vista Tech
12-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I've already done a few PM's on my 80** machines in the field and absolutely love them. The only reason the fuser fingers in these machines get broken is customer neglect when removing jams or improper gap when changing fingers or bending back the assembly. But as the others recommended with the lead edge is a great suggestion. Also make sure your TDC is set a -50 to -65 ish depending on the humidity there.

Good luck :D
Tom

travi
04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Panasonic has released a service bulletin changing the fuser exit on this machine. They took out the plate with the separtation claws. The claws are now on the movable exit guide.

Magebomba
04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
great! lol they resemble what the fuser used to look like before the other "modification" on the 4510 series
too funny

onetek
04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Since we started implementing the fix 8 months ago,we have not done any j41 calls.I still see a couple of j41 in the logs, (every 10k copies or so) but customers clear it easy themselves .

mojorolla
05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
The retrofit from Panasonic gives the following part #:PJZSF2758PU

Waylon
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I would like to add another factor that promotes fuser jamming, that is FC webs that are too dry. web should be moist but not dripping with fuser silicon oil. if it is not I add some to the web. any brand will work. Most of the webs i see are too dry out of the package and will only get worse, expecially if it is a low volume machine. Dry webs promote static build up.
As for toner density I like to use F6-21 to manually manipulate it. a more negative # will give you less toner in the developer unit but I also usually turn off the quantum in F5-25 if it has come to manual manipulation to get the machine to run smoothly.

Custom Search