PDA

View Full Version : BH 454e scan to ftp

Custom Search

KMtech69
04-11-2022, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

I'm working on a bizhub 454e the won't scan to FTP. The docs will scan through the doc feeder, but won't transfer data to server and sits in the memory. I have reset the network and reset all settings. I have another 454e next to this machine and it works fine. They have firmware level GDB-M1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced

Max
04-11-2022, 07:18 PM
What's the error code ?

KMtech69
04-11-2022, 07:58 PM
Their is no error code. All scans just sit in memory. In the jobs list it says waiting. I also can't access the copiers web page.

tsbservice
04-11-2022, 08:25 PM
Backup working C454e settings and import into troubled machine?
HDD is starting to act up?

copyman
04-11-2022, 09:01 PM
initialize machine in service mode and start over

Gift
04-12-2022, 07:08 AM
did you take a look at the ftp server log to see if the MFP tried to connect?

KMtech69
04-12-2022, 05:36 PM
customer wants me out to fix next week after tax dead line. I will let y'all now what I find.

Reed
04-13-2022, 03:46 AM
In my experience with setting up the FTP and not scanning to the PC. If It just sits there and keeps trying, something is blocking it on the PC side. Check windows firewall, go into the windows setting and allow the program in the exceptions, or check and see if they have Norton or Macafee. Turn them off (temporary) and and see if the scan goes through. Good luck. I use ftp a lot and it is generally really simple

techsxge
04-14-2022, 02:19 PM
In my experience with setting up the FTP and not scanning to the PC. If It just sits there and keeps trying, something is blocking it on the PC side. Check windows firewall, go into the windows setting and allow the program in the exceptions, or check and see if they have Norton or Macafee. Turn them off (temporary) and and see if the scan goes through. Good luck. I use ftp a lot and it is generally really simple
Thats my guess too often on customers network theres a firewall or antivirus thats blocking the connection thus taking up to 5 Minutes before eventually falling in to a error code.
Maybe its that strict that you even need to configure the networks firewall (Had that once)

Otherwise, i assume you can print over the network?

Custom Search