PDA

View Full Version : C6500 toner filter?

Custom Search

PoonKing5000
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I have a machine that is saying "toner filter full". The service manual doesn't mention a "toner filter" the machine has about 250k on it. Which filter is the machine referring? The one on the front door?

Thanks
Andy

Setright
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
You've got three filters to check out.

The "dustproof" which is the big one with charcoal and paper elements, then there's two "toner filters". One is in the door, as you mention, the other one is hanging in the bottom of the exhaust shield on the rear of the machine. Two black screws to loosen from the top and the shield slides straight up. The screws have plastic washers on the inside, so they don't come out, just loosen them.

PoonKing5000
01-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I have recently replaced the filter on the back and the one on the right side of the machine so it must be the one on the door. I just wasnt sure if there was any other filters in the machine that would cause this error.

Thank you
Andy

random
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
The filter it is refereing to is the one on the back right of the machine. In the big black box. The machine does not know you have replaced it so you have to reset the counter. Depending on how your machine is setup it may stop if the message is not reset.

ni311
01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
At any spare parts and consumables (excepting toner) you'll change on a C6500/C6501 you'll have to reset the counter too. You'll find all the counters in the Service Mode.

PS: Do you servicing this machine?! You should get a tech around you...

PoonKing5000
01-09-2009, 12:26 AM
I am a tech. I just usually work on Canon's. I only service this one bizhub. It was just the counter thanks for all your help.

Andy

Setright
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Yep, there a LOT of counters.

If you tick a counter in the serivce mode list, so it turns green in the left column, labelled "CMS", the counter becomes available for the customer to reset.

The client can then press the hardware button Function/Utility/Counter, and then select the CMS button on the touch display and reset counters themselves.

This can be helpful for things like the waste toner and mainchargers which are normal customer replace-able items.

random
01-09-2009, 11:11 AM
CMS needs to be enabled first :)

Setright
01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
:-) Yes, yes....it's tricky when you try to condense a 2200 page manual into a forum post :D

Custom Search