PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C650i - IC420

Custom Search

Kenny
04-13-2022, 03:13 PM
Hi guys,

We currently have a Konica Minolta C650i with a fiery IC420, that when printing doesn't seem as 'sharp' as it should be when producing high quality prints,

It seems for example is has the number 13 on it and looking at the edges of it they seem 'fuzzy' (I cant attach samples as keeps failing)

All Consumables are at 90%

ALSO,

The customer wants to be able to scan from machine to a shared folder but the MFP has a completely different IP address to their network (172.17.249.2 MFP/192.168.1.55 FIERY) now if i change to the their IP range the fiery then doesn't work and is asking to check the network settings. i have the fiery plugged into the network port and the MFPS port into port 2 on the fiery

Does anyone have any suggestions on the settings we need to be using?

Gift
04-13-2022, 03:48 PM
I think the fiery won't improve much more than color accuracy - it might've make sense to choose a lower speed model but some samples would be helpful.

You can use WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free (https://wetransfer.com) or Imgur: The magic of the Internet (https://imgur.com/)

emujo2
04-13-2022, 04:54 PM
Wow..you have really opened a can of worms, and with your second question I think you are a little light on Fiery usage and configuration so this may take a couple of posts to sort out..

1. Fuzzy numbers..I would need to see the document, but if someone cut and pasted this and it's not really vector images, then you would expect some loss of sharpness..Open the doc in the associated viewer and start enlarging it..do the areas you have issues with get worse and worse as the image gets larger..

2. What do the documents look like when sent to the MFP controller, or another device?

3. What format are these files.

4. If the Fiery is setup in the normal default way, the you would see the Fiery with the 192.x.x.x address and the MFP with the 172.x.x.x address..The Fiery assigns the next successive IP to the MFP engine and the MFP stays in DHCP..You would print to the MFP using 192.x.x.+1... The secondary mode is to have two network ports, and manually assign the Fiery and MFP with IP addresses.. This allows you to print to the MFP if the Firy goes down.

5. Spot or Pantone matching. Most office users have no idea how to setup or create these and they are usually off from one device to the next.

Hope this helps or at least starts you down the path.

Custom Search