PDA

View Full Version : Konica 223 doesn't add toner

Custom Search

dustzona
04-13-2022, 10:26 PM
Last week I changed out developer and drum kit on this machine because of light copies . A couple days later I got a call for light copies again . So I changed out toner supply motor because it was not turning in (manual toner add ) mode . The bottle doesn't turn nor does the motor that adds toner to the developer unit . I don't have much experience working on this machine so anything will help. I reset supply meters and did the TCR adj. .

Synthohol
04-13-2022, 11:14 PM
vacuum out the subhopper.
manual toner add only spins the bottle if the subhopper reads empty.

allan
04-14-2022, 09:40 AM
The toner supply drive on the sub-hopper gathers toner on the greased gears. That will lead to the motor not being able to drive the sub-hopper.
Best is to strip out the sub-hopper and clean the gears properly. There is a lazy way to use the pipe fitting on a can of WD-40 and rinsing the gears while the sub-hopper stays in place.

You should be able to hear the drive failing makes a soft grrr grrr noise. ;)

copyman
04-14-2022, 12:29 PM
As allan posted I would look at the toner motor & drive assembly. Know you posted that you replaced motor but I would look at it again. Did you try using the manual add toner without bottle to see if coupling moves inside toner holder?

dustzona
04-18-2022, 04:54 PM
I appreciate the input from everyone . I ended up replacing the developer again and doing TCR adjust and that seems so far to have fixed the problem . thanks again
As allan posted I would look at the toner motor & drive assembly. Know you posted that you replaced motor but I would look at it again. Did you try using the manual add toner without bottle to see if coupling moves inside toner holder?

allan
04-20-2022, 07:02 AM
I appreciate the input from everyone . I ended up replacing the developer again and doing TCR adjust and that seems so far to have fixed the problem . thanks again

Hopefully its not running good prints due to the new developer having about toner in it. How many prints did you run after changing dev?

avecosat
04-20-2022, 07:35 AM
In those old models I change the entire group of the toner bottle, it is not expensive €40 ( A1UFR70200 ), as Allan says now you have good quality because you have changed the developer but little by little it will come back with poor quality.

Custom Search