PDA

View Full Version : Km toner bottle

Custom Search

zeckryyu
04-14-2022, 02:57 PM
Hi....may i know,is the toner bottle are the same for all km c224-c554. And km c368-c558......because the bottle looks the same, except the cap

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

zeckryyu
04-14-2022, 02:58 PM
Hi....may i know,is the toner bottle are the same for all km c224-c554. And km c368-c558......because the bottle looks the same, except the cap

Sent from my M2003J15SC using TapatalkJust asking for the bottle details..not the toner...fyi

Gift
04-14-2022, 03:19 PM
Just asking for the bottle details..not the toner...fyi

I think the moulds for the bottle drive are shaped different so the bottle might not turn properly even if the cap and length fits.

kingarthur
04-14-2022, 04:15 PM
Just swap the cap...they work

copyman
04-14-2022, 08:12 PM
Caps are only thing different. All "8" series have chips. "4" series 40+ ppm machines only have chips

dbeyma
04-16-2022, 06:47 PM

Isn't there a list from KM that tells us which machines use the same toner as others?
One other thread was talking about it but I never saw the list?

copyman
04-16-2022, 11:17 PM
Isn't there a list from KM that tells us which machines use the same toner as others?
One other thread was talking about it but I never saw the list?

That list your talking about only shows what machines the toners can be used in without making any changes to bottles. Don't think Kon/Min would want you to make changes to bottles and they definitely won't publish the actual toner formulas. The 4 & 8 series toner formulas are probably the same but I wouldn't chance it for one reason, the 8 series uses a PCR in drums instead of saw tooth charger...Developer units are too expensive take that chance.

During the Kon/Min toner shortages I was converting the caps to use in other models. Had a lot of genuine TN512 but ran out of the TN321 and couldn't get any, cut the chips and fins off the TN512 caps and was able to put right into the C224,C284 & C364's without swapping the caps. Although I would of rather swapped the caps but didn't have any empty TN321 btls to take caps from. It's very easy to swap the caps (4 clips hold cap on btl)

Looks like the Kon/ Min toner & parts shortage are getting back to "normal" soon. As for machines they still come on ships and will be a lot of delays for several more months. Just my opinion.

zeckryyu
04-18-2022, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys for the reply..i appreciate that....

kingarthur
04-19-2022, 11:50 AM
That list your talking about only shows what machines the toners can be used in without making any changes to bottles. Don't think Kon/Min would want you to make changes to bottles and they definitely won't publish the actual toner formulas. The 4 & 8 series toner formulas are probably the same but I wouldn't chance it for one reason, the 8 series uses a PCR in drums instead of saw tooth charger...Developer units are too expensive take that chance.

During the Kon/Min toner shortages I was converting the caps to use in other models. Had a lot of genuine TN512 but ran out of the TN321 and couldn't get any, cut the chips and fins off the TN512 caps and was able to put right into the C224,C284 & C364's without swapping the caps. Although I would of rather swapped the caps but didn't have any empty TN321 btls to take caps from. It's very easy to swap the caps (4 clips hold cap on btl)

Looks like the Kon/ Min toner & parts shortage are getting back to "normal" soon. As for machines they still come on ships and will be a lot of delays for several more months. Just my opinion.

Katun dev units for 4 & 8 series are the same, they work perfectly well in either, also we've had no problems with TN512/TN324 Katun toners that go in both machines

copyman
04-19-2022, 12:21 PM
Katun dev units for 4 & 8 series are the same, they work perfectly well in either, also we've had no problems with TN512/TN324 Katun toners that go in both machines

Good to know, thanks

Think you meant the Katun developer "powder" not DV units. Don't think they sell DV units? I like Katun and use them ONLY for certain parts & consumables because their prices are almost double from my other suppliers.

kingarthur
04-19-2022, 02:01 PM
Good to know, thanks

Think you meant the Katun developer "powder" not DV units. Don't think they sell DV units? I like Katun and use them ONLY for certain parts & consumables because their prices are almost double from my other suppliers.

Complete DV units, Katun p/no 47996 for example, is a M DV unit, which will fit 4 series, also 8 series, and according to their site, it will also fit the I series

copyman
04-19-2022, 09:43 PM
Complete DV units, Katun p/no 47996 for example, is a M DV unit, which will fit 4 series, also 8 series, and according to their site, it will also fit the I series

Wow! Good to know. Will check them out. Hopefully a lot less than new OEM which cost $500-600. Fortunately I've been able to recover dev units that dumped by topping off with the aftermarket developer powder that is sold.

Custom Search