PDA

View Full Version : Toner situation

Custom Search

lartis.aineias
04-14-2022, 03:05 PM
does anyone know when the situation with the toners of the production machines of Konica Minolta will be normalized?

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

kingarthur
04-14-2022, 04:16 PM
have you asked KM ?

jwai
04-14-2022, 04:44 PM
does anyone know when the situation with the toners of the production machines of Konica Minolta will be normalized?

Not only production machine but also office ones.

lartis.aineias
04-14-2022, 04:51 PM
have you asked KM ?Konica Minolta for 4 months now says that it will be normalized soon.
Without giving a true answer of the situation.

emujo2
04-14-2022, 05:35 PM
Every day I see some improvement..Funny thinng about the last 8 months of this..KM has not laid anyone off, and has done everything they could to get toner to it's customers..Sending the H and K toners induced some unforeseen issues, but customers that were running 500K/month at the beginning, are still running 90-95% of that number (Contracted customers only). Those production printers that ran at 30% coverage without a care in the world are now willing to run in toner save modes. KM was faced with unprecedented plant and supply chain issues, and I for one think they have done a decent job of ensuring everyone gets what the need to keep running..I certainly hope the days of having pallets full of idle supplies are over..E

copyman
04-14-2022, 08:08 PM
Every day I see some improvement..Funny thinng about the last 8 months of this..KM has not laid anyone off, and has done everything they could to get toner to it's customers..Sending the H and K toners induced some unforeseen issues, but customers that were running 500K/month at the beginning, are still running 90-95% of that number (Contracted customers only). Those production printers that ran at 30% coverage without a care in the world are now willing to run in toner save modes. KM was faced with unprecedented plant and supply chain issues, and I for one think they have done a decent job of ensuring everyone gets what the need to keep running..I certainly hope the days of having pallets full of idle supplies are over..E

First let me say emujo2 I've always respected your posts on this forum and it surprises me to hear your support for Kon/Min.
Perhaps you work for them?

There is no way to forgive them for what they have done to their customers & dealers. This has hurt them as well as it should! I know one "Pro-Tech" dealership that dropped them and went to Canon. I've personally lost customers over this shortage!

This is a recent thread addressing this: Toner shortage (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/164945-toner-shortage.html)

And this comment I made in that thread sums up how I feel.

I agree with original post. I blame Kon/Min for the toner shortage and think it sucks they would short the whole world with toner. Why would a Big company have all their toner in one place and a fire at ONE factory cause the world to suffer.
I'm pissed that after 40+ yrs telling my customers to ONLY use Genuine toner then have to sell them aftermarket! Makes me look bad and have had customers tell me "not to ever sell them a Kon/Min again". How would you feel if you put out $10,000 for a copier and couldn't get toner for it for several months? Would you buy Kon/Min again. When the office next door has a Canon or other brand and they have no problem getting toner!

Yes Kon/Min is going to suffer because of this and they should!!!

PS, 95% of machines I sell / service are Konica Minolta so it hurt me big time as you can tell by this post....

BillyCarpenter
04-14-2022, 08:15 PM
First let me say emujo2 I've always respected your posts on this forum and it surprises me to hear your support for Kon/Min.
Perhaps you work for them?

There is no way to forgive them for what they have done to their customers & dealers. This has hurt them as well as it should! I know one "Pro-Tech" dealership that dropped them and went to Canon. I've personally lost customers over this shortage!

This is a recent thread addressing this: Toner shortage (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/164945-toner-shortage.html)

And this comment I made in that thread sums up how I feel.

I agree with original post. I blame Kon/Min for the toner shortage and think it sucks they would short the whole world with toner. Why would a Big company have all their toner in one place and a fire at ONE factory cause the world to suffer.
I'm pissed that after 40+ yrs telling my customers to ONLY use Genuine toner then have to sell them aftermarket! Makes me look bad and have had customers tell me "not to ever sell them a Kon/Min again". How would you feel if you put out $10,000 for a copier and couldn't get toner for it for several months? Would you buy Kon/Min again. When the office next door has a Canon or other brand and they have no problem getting toner!

Yes Kon/Min is going to suffer because of this and they should!!!

PS, 95% of machines I sell / service are Konica Minolta so it hurt me big time as you can tell by this post....

I feel for you. I agree with everything you said. I can't imagine a more difficult postion to be placed in. Hope all works out for you.

SalesServiceGuy
04-14-2022, 09:21 PM
Toshiba has signed more new Konica Minolta dealers in the last six months than in the last 10 years. Dual line Toshiba/Konica Minolta dealers have been pleasantly surprised by the steady delivery of toner from Toshiba's OEM toner manufacturing facility in South Dakota.

By year end Toshiba will offer light production copiers made by Toshiba up to 95 ppm.

copyman
04-20-2022, 12:18 AM
Konica Minolta for 4 months now says that it will be normalized soon.
Without giving a true answer of the situation.

It's funny you say that because all the years I've been in the copier biz never once have the Jap OEM's admitted to a problem until they had a solution to it. Can't tell you how many times I've called tech support with 10+ machines with same identical issue and they say it's the first they are hearing of it. Month or two later you get a bulletin stating "it's been reported by world wide dealers having this issue" here is the solution!

On another note I've never trusted the OEM's since Panasonic school at main headquarters in Secaucus NJ back in 1991 when the Jap's wouldn't eat with us Americans. We had to stand outside cafteria not allowed in. They ate at 11am and when they were done cafeteria changed the food and we were allowed to go in and eat. Never forgot that. Damn not sure how I remember that! By the way Panasonic copiers sucked! Actually think I've posted on this forum that Konica before merge with Minolta were the worse copiers but Panasonic were even worse! Just horrible!

SalesServiceGuy
04-20-2022, 12:25 AM
Konica Minolta created a Pandora's box problem for themselves. Those KM dealers who serviced production copiers were forced to source 3rd party toner from China via Alibaba.

Konica Minolta even provided the service codes to allow this non OEM toner to work.

Now these dealers are paying less for toner and finding the image quality to be acceptable.

Production customers, especially in the print for pay industry, would rather have non OEM toner than no toner any day.

avecosat
04-20-2022, 07:42 AM
Every day I receive calls from toner distributors saying that they currently work with KM to supply them with toners, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Drivee
04-20-2022, 08:00 AM
Just bay aftermarket toner. Anyway, KM selling them with price of OEM but they are not. You can save some money.

mloudy
04-20-2022, 01:33 PM
I have stayed out of this discussion as we do not service KM but I have been watching every post from the start.

I will say that I am extremely suprised that KM still hasn't resolved the problem. I am also very suprised that a Japanese company got themselves into this situation.

I understand the whole shutdown of both plants as that is how things work with a Japanese company. Things take time to assure it is completely safe to resart the toner manufacturing process. I have worked in Japan many times and as Americans we stand around and grumble to ourselves "let's just get to work" while the Japanese people we were working with take great care and caution before work can begin. They work hard and long hours but they have great attention to detail. Something happens and things stop.

It was very hard decision to shut down the plants knowing the ramifications. There will be disgrace and much apologizing and bowing.

They really needed to have a plant in another county as backup and what I am most suprised about is that they didn't.

jwai
04-20-2022, 01:53 PM
I have stayed out of this discussion as we do not service KM but I have been watching every post from the start.

I will say that I am extremely suprised that KM still hasn't resolved the problem. I am also very suprised that a Japanese company got themselves into this situation.

I understand the whole shutdown of both plants as that is how things work with a Japanese company. Things take time to assure it is completely safe to resart the toner manufacturing process. I have worked in Japan many times and as Americans we stand around and grumble to ourselves "let's just get to work" while the Japanese people we were working with take great care and caution before work can begin. They work hard and long hours but they have great attention to detail. Something happens and things stop.

It was very hard decision to shut down the plants knowing the ramifications. There will be disgrace and much apologizing and bowing.

They really needed to have a plant in another county as backup and what I am most suprised about is that they didn't.

Totally agree your opinion.

Custom Search