PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4750i with noisy exit area

Custom Search

krm
04-15-2022, 06:41 PM
Loud grinding kind of noise from the exit area. Single sided. Goes away after removing parts and reassembling, then comes back after a while. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks~

BHM
04-15-2022, 07:19 PM
I don't know specifics but I hear a our techs talk about oiling a gear in that exit area.

blackcat4866
04-15-2022, 07:26 PM
On 3320i and 4050i I've seen the exit units squeak. It's mainly because there are no bushings in the frame and no lubricant. It's not so easy to get the exit unit out, but once it's out I grease the shafts and frame holes with Mobilegrease28 (heavy clay based grease). It doesn't come back. =^..^=

srvctec
04-15-2022, 07:33 PM
I don't know specifics but I hear a our techs talk about oiling a gear in that exit area.

Yep, just had this same thing this week on one of these. Remove the fuser and turn the exit drive to see all the gears that are involved (you can reach the drive motor through the frame and turn it which will turn the gears) in driving the lower exit roller. Lube all those gears where they turn to drive the lower exit roller, not the teeth since that isn't what's causing the noise. I used Tri-Flow on the gears.

BHM
04-15-2022, 08:44 PM
I think our tech use a long q-tip with grease on it to reach the gears/shafts

Michko
06-21-2022, 01:20 PM
On 3320i and 4050i I've seen the exit units squeak. It's mainly because there are no bushings in the frame and no lubricant. It's not so easy to get the exit unit out, but once it's out I grease the shafts and frame holes with Mobilegrease28 (heavy clay based grease). It doesn't come back. =^..^=

manual dont tell you have to do it.
I guess scanner needs to come of first?

suomi
06-21-2022, 01:41 PM

KM INFO>>The cause is related to dry shafts on Exit Idle Rollers and unlubricated contact points on Exit Roller Assy.

Gift
06-21-2022, 02:23 PM
The idle roller holder contruction is a bit "delicate"and flimsy - a tech of mine managed to pop an idle roller out while pushing it too far away from the exit roller (looking for a noise source). Things changed to a "3D Puzzle" from there......

But yeah, some lubrication shuld do the trick - grease should last longer than oil.

REGSIS
06-21-2022, 03:43 PM
manual dont tell you have to do it.
I guess scanner needs to come of first?

That would be the longer way.
Back cover, upper right cover (+ inner cover), fuser, paper exit unit.
Make sure that arm on back side of the printer goes on top of duplex flapper when you put back exit unit.

mjmjross
07-28-2022, 04:49 PM
That would be the longer way.
Back cover, upper right cover (+ inner cover), fuser, paper exit unit.
Make sure that arm on back side of the printer goes on top of duplex flapper when you put back exit unit.

Found this out the hard way!

Custom Search