PDA

View Full Version : Biz C224e orange light

Custom Search

copyman
04-18-2022, 07:52 PM
Hi,

Machine comes up to "ready to copy", scans original then just sits these with orange light. No messages or codes. All computers show offline.

Had the customer turn off and on with main switch, check jobs none in Q, unplug network cable, tried printing config & demo test pages just orange light and sits there.

Think I've read on this forum about consumables being over life, etc but can't find the posts? CYM drums are all at "0" % but no messages. And shouldn't copy in B&W if only color drums are 0% ?

I'm going out tomorrow with firmware and maybe initialize machine.

Thanks for the help

tsbservice
04-18-2022, 08:08 PM
Light up: Orange
Indicates that machine is stopped due to an error.
Check in service mode that life stop isn't activated -> Stop - 0 - Clear.
Can they print counter page?
I had one throwing C9403 at me and when I isolated scanner it still refused to print out comsumables page but would print out counter list - yes I know it's strange.

nathicana
04-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Hi,

Machine comes up to "ready to copy", scans original then just sits these with orange light. No messages or codes. All computers show offline.

Had the customer turn off and on with main switch, check jobs none in Q, unplug network cable, tried printing config & demo test pages just orange light and sits there.

Think I've read on this forum about consumables being over life, etc but can't find the posts? CYM drums are all at "0" % but no messages. And shouldn't copy in B&W if only color drums are 0% ?

I'm going out tomorrow with firmware and maybe initialize machine.

Thanks for the help

If the machine says "ready to accept another job" but never copies go into tech rep mode then press stop-zero-clear

This should get you into the life stop settings. Set them to don't stop and the machine may work again. This lets the machine run regardless of life counters.

copyman
04-19-2022, 09:36 PM
If the machine says "ready to accept another job" but never copies go into tech rep mode then press stop-zero-clear

This should get you into the life stop settings. Set them to don't stop and the machine may work again. This lets the machine run regardless of life counters.

Good call. The consumables were "enabled" in the enhanced service mode. This was first thing I checked when I got there. Forgot I didn't sell them this machine as first thing I do when buying off lease machines is check that all consumables are NOT enabled to lock out machine. This is what threw me off and had me looking at other causes.

Talk about feeling real stupid posting this on here! To anyone who took the time to read this thread and to those who replied sorry to waste your time!

Thanks again and take care

tsbservice
04-19-2022, 09:52 PM
:) Not a problem mate, we do our best we learning from our mistakes.

nathicana
04-19-2022, 10:11 PM
Good call. The consumables were "enabled" in the enhanced service mode. This was first thing I checked when I got there. Forgot I didn't sell them this machine as first thing I do when buying off lease machines is check that all consumables are NOT enabled to lock out machine. This is what threw me off and had me looking at other causes.

Talk about feeling real stupid posting this on here! To anyone who took the time to read this thread and to those who replied sorry to waste your time!

Thanks again and take care

You didn't waste anybody's time. Glad I could help

Custom Search