PDA

View Full Version : Strange Problem with halftone colors on Bizhub C280

Custom Search

CasaNbg
04-19-2022, 04:39 PM
Hello everybody,

I am using a Konica Minolta Bizub C280. It's an old machine which was under a leasing contract (and regular maintenance) at an architect's office until some years ago and then was donated to us (a small nonprofit cinema).
At the moment, the machine uses aftermarket (non-original) toner and color drums.

Some weeks ago, the machine started to have some problems:
It printed full colors fine (so obviously all colors worked), but when printing half-tones, all lighter colors showed an extreme magenta tint like all cyan and yellow below 50% was not printed at all.

After some tests, I figured out that the problem can be solved by a Gradation adjustment - after doing the procedure in the admin menu (print out and scan the test graphic), everything is fine.
But unfortunately this setting does not stick: as soon as the machine does an Image Stabilization (which it does quite frequently) the error re-appears.

I don't have much experience with this kind of machines. To me, it seems to be a software issue - but (especially I am using non-original supplies) I can't rule out a hardware issue.
The machine has been showing a P-21 error for some time (even before the problem started), but now also shows a P-22 error.

I suppose it might be time to have the machine serviced by a professional - but maybe there is something I can do as a non-pro as well?
Thanks in advance for any help

best regards
Matthias

Custom Search