PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C558 will only receive fax even if trying to manual send

Custom Search

ndlovu
04-20-2022, 08:13 PM
I have a C558 which every setting is "correct" and the "market area" is set correctly (USA). I have done an initialization on the fax, removed it and added it back. The unit still wants to only receive faxes even if I try to manually send a fax. There is no "send" button only a "receive" button. In "direct input" there is no "Fax" button. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

copyman
04-20-2022, 09:01 PM
I have a C558 which every setting is "correct" and the "market area" is set correctly (USA). I have done an initialization on the fax, removed it and added it back. The unit still wants to only receive faxes even if I try to manually send a fax. There is no "send" button only a "receive" button. In "direct input" there is no "Fax" button. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

That is weird. It almost seems like there is setting not allowing to send. I've never seen that except not having correct marketing area which you have set correct. Just got an 8 series in shop and will look. If I find anything will report back.

tsbservice
04-20-2022, 09:18 PM

Easy. Initialize machine and setup fax board.

femaster
04-21-2022, 03:06 AM
Any kind of account track or authentication turned on? If so, the "public" user may be restricted from using the fax function.

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 01:28 PM
Any kind of account track or authentication turned on? If so, the "public" user may be restricted from using the fax function.

There is no account track or authentication turned on.

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 01:29 PM
Easy. Initialize machine and setup fax board.

Machine was initialized with the fax board in it, would I still need to setup the fax board?

kingarthur
04-21-2022, 03:16 PM
Is the HDD set?

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 03:23 PM
Is the HDD set?

HDD is installed and as far as I know formatted.

blackcat4866
04-21-2022, 03:25 PM
I had a weird one like this on a Toshiba Weisshorn High. In the end, it was caused by a security conscious IT guy that who browsed through the web interface unchecked everything he did not understand. That included "Enable Fax Tx", and "Rx fax without printing". Yeah, I brought a spare fax board, but it made no difference. =^..^=

avecosat
04-21-2022, 03:53 PM
Marketing area is US and Fax Target is also in US ?

emujo2
04-21-2022, 06:10 PM
Had this issue a few years ago..There was a solution (Equitrac, Output Mgr, ect) installed on the device..Once installed the solutions OPEN API settings determined what was shown on the screen. Ed

minoltaed
04-21-2022, 06:49 PM

Did you try to turn off dial tone detection? I have seen this cause issues.

davidmtupper
04-21-2022, 07:15 PM
This may or may not be applicable to this situation, but the early i series KM copiers had fax send disabled from the factory. It needed to be enabled under administrator. Not sure if some of the later 8 series had the same issue, but it sounds like the same symptoms.

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 08:38 PM
Marketing area is US and Fax Target is also in US ?

Yes they are both set for US

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 08:41 PM
This may or may not be applicable to this situation, but the early i series KM copiers had fax send disabled from the factory. It needed to be enabled under administrator. Not sure if some of the later 8 series had the same issue, but it sounds like the same symptoms.

How do you enable send under the administrator?

davidmtupper
04-21-2022, 09:27 PM
How do you enable send under the administrator?
Administrator settings> Security settings > Security details > FAX TX

copyman
04-21-2022, 09:30 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, how about the fax board is just bad? Although rare I've had a few bad over the years. Not 8 series but a few 4 series and earlier models. And yes remember some would send or receive but not the other. As well as some that wouldn't do either, no dial tone, etc.

Do you have another machine to test in? or another fax to test in this machine?

ndlovu
04-21-2022, 09:36 PM

Well I just checked one of the C658 that we have in house and I am thinking that you have the answer. I will go and check tomorrow at the customers site. Thank you and will update you.

davidmtupper
04-21-2022, 09:37 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, how about the fax board is just bad? Although rare I've had a few bad over the years. Not 8 series but a few 4 series and earlier models. And yes remember some would send or receive but not the other. As well as some that wouldn't do either, no dial tone, etc.

Do you have another machine to test in? or another fax to test in this machine?
That would generally not remove the buttons from the control panel though, disabling the transmit capability will.

copyman
04-21-2022, 10:01 PM
That would generally not remove the buttons from the control panel though, disabling the transmit capability will.

Makes sense. I missed the buttons missing from control panel.

Since this is such an odd issue I would bring a good fax with me and swap the fax out. Maybe a shot in the dark but would do it just to satisfy me.

Hopefully what the other poster said will work and you will be done with it.

Good luck

ndlovu
04-22-2022, 08:03 PM

Worked like a charm.

Custom Search