PDA

View Full Version : C2070 SKEW only on heavy stock

Custom Search

methogod
04-21-2022, 05:20 AM
PM is due, fuser seems ok, little dirty little sticky but clean.

machine has IQ, so registration is dead on, then 1st side of duplex skews, fine on 2nd/duplex side.

80# text runs perfect all day...

dont want to install the FUSER kit if its not needed.

blackcat4866
04-21-2022, 02:21 PM
Check the mylar guides at the entrance to the imaging drawer. On the C1060 those mylars are black, and they are buried under a lot of stuff. The heavy stock had worn through the mylars and was snagging on the paper's leading edge rear corner. Rather than order paper guides for this machine, I trimmed ~3mm off the outer edge of each mylar. This was one of those cases where it took quite a bit of disassembly to get down to these mylars. As I was digging, I kept thinking: "I sure hope there's something to find in here ..."

On this same machine, a contributing factor was a ripped corner of cardstock left in the tray #1 vertical path to the rear (I could see it, but not touch it).

If it's happening when duplexing from tray #2, I found paper cuts in the clear plastic inverter guide (Guide Plate /A (A50U 8407 02), Mylar Conveyance Guide /2 (A50U 8802 01), Release Label /10 (A50U 9440 00). In the meantime I was able to trim away the fins with paper cuts.

This particular call was quite a long one, since I kept finding more and more things as I went along. It seems EVERY screw in the entire image drawer had worked loose. I got at least 1/2 turn on every screw I checked. =^..^=

methogod
04-21-2022, 05:32 PM
right now simplex only major skew, like 3mm.

blackcat4866
04-21-2022, 06:37 PM
right now simplex only major skew, like 3mm.

I was getting 12mm skew or a flipped corner leading edge 2 3/4" x 7". You might also check to see if the pre-registration guide M1 is bent at the front swivel. Normal paper seems to pass OK, but 270 to 300gsm media skews, regardless of source. =^..^=

methogod
04-22-2022, 09:55 PM
multiple issues...

Paper Feed (PF707) was not Straight or level, I would post pictures but its tedious on this board.

Most likely was always wrong, but was close enough to barley see it or the engine was able to compensate.
M2 Guide was bent, I slightly concaved it enough so it would interfere.
The silver foil A50U887100/ guide sheets at the infeed of printer "drawer"
and the bracket that holds the GUIDE plate/2 down seemed to be deformed, fixed and seems ok.

Ran a few jobs today everything seems better.

blackcat4866
04-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting back.

As far as photos go: I reduced the resolution on my phone camera so that the resulting PDF photos are under 1MB. That might help. =^..^=

Custom Search