PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 light prints

Custom Search

fixthecopier
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Bizhub 250 is less than a year old, has a total count of 23,000, and is printing everything light, as though developer was weak, or mirrors were very dirty. Machine is clean. Test prints [ F-12 ] are also light so it is not in the optics. I grabbed an I.U. from another, and it made no change. Ran F-8 and she coded, but I got out of it, and still light prints. I got in a hurry because I was just there to make a delivery and forgot to stop it in the middle of a copy to see if it was a charge or transfer problem. Before I go back to check the transfer and possibly pull it apart to clean the print head lens, I was wondering if anyone else had experenced this.

servtec
01-09-2009, 01:19 AM
If the image is light on the drum, then it would be the print head, also check Developer bias. the developer unit not turning would also give light copies and it would eventually produce blank copies. you know to stop the copier at transfer to check the image on the drum.

fixthecopier
01-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Yup I am aware of that, I just ran out of time. I was in a big hurry. I have 300 of these and this one is like new, none of the others have done this. I was looking for maybe someone to say there was an issue with the power supply or a firmware update I had not heard of. I will check the basics tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

minimerlin
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
The only problem that I have had with these units is the mag roller bias connection spring plate can come adrift from the end of the shaft..light image!

fixthecopier
01-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks , I checked the DV box, and swapped it out. I have a feeling it may have dirty laser optics probably from when it was new and nobody bothered to complain til now. If no body else has any tips by Monday I will check the print head.

ni311
01-10-2009, 09:47 AM
My bet is on print head lens.
Let us know what really it causing this once you solve it.

fixthecopier
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I finally got back to the call to finish it. Although I knew it was not the problem, I took it down and opened up the print head and it was clean as a pin. I reassembled and before I slid the IU in, I reached in and pulled on the contacts that touch the I U, just to make sure they were not bent. When I made copies, they were beautiful. I think those contacts were the problem, even though I did not see anything wrong with them. I must have moved them just enough to get a better connection. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Custom Search