PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Minolta C220 Error C-C186

Custom Search

bsterk11
04-27-2022, 04:49 PM
I am a contractor that has very limited knowledge of business machines. I have been keeping an old Bizhub C220 alive in our office for a while and recently received an error message C-C186. Some online research seems to indicate it is an issue with the board, but may be able to be resolved with a firmware update. After poking around it seems as if end users do not have access to firmware files. I would like to try loading the current firmware on a USB stick and attempting to update at the machine (there is no IP login to the machine while this error is active). Is there anywhere that I can purchase the firmware file? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I understand the machine is aging and probably doesn't have a lot of life left in it, but it has been lightly used with just 70k on the counter, build date was 2011. With this in mind I don't want to dump a bunch of money into repairs, but would like to give it as much effort as I can before replacing with a new machine. Thanks in advance for any assistance and have really appreciated this forum which has been a huge help in my novice attempts to keep a business machine running.

tmmdmmm
04-28-2022, 01:26 AM
I am a contractor that has very limited knowledge of business machines. I have been keeping an old Bizhub C220 alive in our office for a while and recently received an error message C-C186. Some online research seems to indicate it is an issue with the board, but may be able to be resolved with a firmware update. After poking around it seems as if end users do not have access to firmware files. I would like to try loading the current firmware on a USB stick and attempting to update at the machine (there is no IP login to the machine while this error is active). Is there anywhere that I can purchase the firmware file? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I understand the machine is aging and probably doesn't have a lot of life left in it, but it has been lightly used with just 70k on the counter, build date was 2011. With this in mind I don't want to dump a bunch of money into repairs, but would like to give it as much effort as I can before replacing with a new machine. Thanks in advance for any assistance and have really appreciated this forum which has been a huge help in my novice attempts to keep a business machine running.

Konica has not updated support for the C220, and I am not seeing C186 for any model specific fixes/bulletins.

CC186: Dynamic link error during starting (OAP)
1 - If the malfunction code �??C-C172�?? has occurred, access [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Image Controller Setting (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4475308683.html)] and check to see if �??Others�?? is set for image controller.
If any of these is set, according to the kind of controller, select �??Controller 0�?? or �??Controller 1.�??
2- If the malfunction code "C-C180" has occurred, check to install the appropriate loadable device driver for an authentication unit which is installed to the MFP.
When the appropriate loadable device driver is not installed, reinstall the appropriate loadable device driver (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/19258130034502275723.html).
3 - Replace MFPB. (bizhub C368/C308/C258 (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4470805131.html) / bizhub C658/C558/C458 (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4471670027.html))
4 - If the above actions do not solve the problem, contact KM.

This is for a C258, not a C220. 1 and 2 do not exactly represent C186 but are in the same family of "Dynamic link error during starting" codes so it might be worth trying those fixes. Unfortunately I am a Konica tech and cannot send you files for FW and the loadable driver, but I know others on this site will, usually requesting a contribution to this forum.

You can try browsing the used market for the board, but if you manage to find one I do not have high hopes of it working. Just make sure you swap over any eeproms from your board to the donor. Step 4 is out of the picture as well, they are no longer supported as of 2019.

Hansoon
04-28-2022, 06:16 AM
Try to reseat the memory module(s) on the MFPB board (the left one, seen from the rear of the machine)

Hans

bsterk11
04-28-2022, 11:26 PM
TmmDmmm,

Thank you for the very detailed reply, I haven't received any of the other codes, but they do appear to be similar to the C186 I am getting. I tried the links but they just take me to the KM website splash page. No info on them.

I don't know that I could do anything within the system anyway as the C1886 error locks the entire machine up. I didn't contact a KM tech for this, but I did call a service tech when this first occurred and after he researched the code he said it wasn't worth the trip to come out, parts aren't available and machine isn't worth the time/effort.

You are probably on point with the used boards, don't think I could justify the effort and cost of something that I wouldn't know is going to work.

Konica has not updated support for the C220, and I am not seeing C186 for any model specific fixes/bulletins.

CC186: Dynamic link error during starting (OAP)
1 - If the malfunction code �??C-C172�?? has occurred, access [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Image Controller Setting (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4475308683.html)] and check to see if �??Others�?? is set for image controller.
If any of these is set, according to the kind of controller, select �??Controller 0�?? or �??Controller 1.�??
2- If the malfunction code "C-C180" has occurred, check to install the appropriate loadable device driver for an authentication unit which is installed to the MFP.
When the appropriate loadable device driver is not installed, reinstall the appropriate loadable device driver (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/19258130034502275723.html).
3 - Replace MFPB. (bizhub C368/C308/C258 (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4470805131.html) / bizhub C658/C558/C458 (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubC368Service/en-US/4471670027.html))
4 - If the above actions do not solve the problem, contact KM.

This is for a C258, not a C220. 1 and 2 do not exactly represent C186 but are in the same family of "Dynamic link error during starting" codes so it might be worth trying those fixes. Unfortunately I am a Konica tech and cannot send you files for FW and the loadable driver, but I know others on this site will, usually requesting a contribution to this forum.

You can try browsing the used market for the board, but if you manage to find one I do not have high hopes of it working. Just make sure you swap over any eeproms from your board to the donor. Step 4 is out of the picture as well, they are no longer supported as of 2019.

bsterk11
04-28-2022, 11:28 PM
Hans,

Thanks for the great suggestion. I pulled the memory as well as switched it to the other dimm slot, not luck. I also disconnected the power to the board and the HDD from the board hoping it would reset something, nope and nope again. I do really appreciate the thoughtful, potentially simple fix.

Try to reseat the memory module(s) on the MFPB board (the left one, seen from the rear of the machine)

Hans

tmmdmmm
04-29-2022, 05:07 AM
TmmDmmm,

Thank you for the very detailed reply, I haven't received any of the other codes, but they do appear to be similar to the C186 I am getting. I tried the links but they just take me to the KM website splash page. No info on them.

I don't know that I could do anything within the system anyway as the C1886 error locks the entire machine up. I didn't contact a KM tech for this, but I did call a service tech when this first occurred and after he researched the code he said it wasn't worth the trip to come out, parts aren't available and machine isn't worth the time/effort.

You are probably on point with the used boards, don't think I could justify the effort and cost of something that I wouldn't know is going to work.

You should still be able to go through those routes via the service mode back door through the trouble reset screen. Its a long shot, but I'd also try trouble reset as well. For that model it should be accessed by holding down the Utility/Counter button while turning the main power switch on. Clicking trouble reset when it appears. After you see "Okay", turn the main switch off and on again. Cant tell you how to access service mode from the trouble reset screen, but a quick google search should get you there. That'll be where you want to go for 1 and 2, the CC172 and CC180. Like you said, not the exact code, but same family and will be a lot cheaper and easier for you to attempt than changing the mfpb.

If those don't work, you might want to look into getting a 4 series machine (closest C224 or C224e) from an auction or the used market. The newest lines seem to be a bit less of tanks than them. For only 70k an A4 Bizhub might also work, you're only looking at around 1.5 consumable life's (IUs are rated for 50k pages) with those machines and they're easy to maintain.

bsterk11
05-02-2022, 01:39 PM
You should still be able to go through those routes via the service mode back door through the trouble reset screen. Its a long shot, but I'd also try trouble reset as well. For that model it should be accessed by holding down the Utility/Counter button while turning the main power switch on. Clicking trouble reset when it appears. After you see "Okay", turn the main switch off and on again. Cant tell you how to access service mode from the trouble reset screen, but a quick google search should get you there. That'll be where you want to go for 1 and 2, the CC172 and CC180. Like you said, not the exact code, but same family and will be a lot cheaper and easier for you to attempt than changing the mfpb.

If those don't work, you might want to look into getting a 4 series machine (closest C224 or C224e) from an auction or the used market. The newest lines seem to be a bit less of tanks than them. For only 70k an A4 Bizhub might also work, you're only looking at around 1.5 consumable life's (IUs are rated for 50k pages) with those machines and they're easy to maintain.

TmmDmmm,

Not able to get into the service mode from the trouble screen. I did find directions on the button combo, but when I try to access it only flashes the password screen but disappears back to the trouble reset screen within a blink. Found another post on the forum with someone experiencing the same issue when trying to access service mode from backdoor, unfortunately their machine would boot normally so they just accessed via utility counter method and it worked, doesn't help for me since my screen is locked up with the C186 error message.

I have tried all of the "free" hardware ideas (reseat the memory, disconnect power to the board and reset, disconnect and reconnect the HDD) and still getting the same error. I reached out to one of the service techs we work with and will be purchasing a used machine (I will definitely have him keep an eye out for the 4 series KM machines).

I really appreciate all of the extremely professional and helpful responses.

Custom Search