PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c284 oven film

Custom Search

CIRO
04-28-2022, 09:42 AM
Hello, kindly can someone suggest me how to clean oven film for konica minolta c284e. Thank

tsbservice
04-28-2022, 11:06 AM
Hello, kindly can someone suggest me how to clean oven film for konica minolta c284e. Thank
You can't. If you clean it ie with isopropyl it will work for a while but soon will return so.. yeah it is waste of time.

L0rdC
04-28-2022, 11:43 AM
WD-40, don't use too much and dry afterwards or a lot of smoke will come out

copyman
04-28-2022, 12:40 PM
I'm assuming you are talking about the "fuser" film. If there is some baked on toner this can be removed very carefully with what the others suggested. Most likely will return. Also have to take into account what the page count of copier / consumable life is. Keep in mind even if a lower page count the C284 is now around 10 years old and if original fuser has been subjected to extreme heat & pressure all those years.

allan
04-29-2022, 07:35 AM
If its on the pressure roller side and the thin film coating is damaged then clean would only helps until it collects toner again. Cleaning that damages the layer even more.

copyman
04-29-2022, 12:53 PM
The film and roller are available as aftermarket parts and much less $$ then buying new fuser. I've had great success with rebuilding the units. But the fuser unit is not easy to rebuild and would only recommend for technicians to attempt it!

CIRO
04-29-2022, 05:33 PM
i'm assuming you are talking about the "fuser" film. If there is some baked on toner this can be removed very carefully with what the others suggested. Most likely will return. Also have to take into account what the page count of copier / consumable life is. Keep in mind even if a lower page count the c284 is now around 10 years old and if original fuser has been subjected to extreme heat & pressure all those years.

i replaced the oven film with a compatible unba but after about 300 copies it stains the fuser

tsbservice
04-29-2022, 06:02 PM
The film and roller are available as aftermarket parts and much less $$ then buying new fuser. I've had great success with rebuilding the units. But the fuser unit is not easy to rebuild and would only recommend for technicians to attempt it!

I'm interested how many copies rebuild fusers last. For example I did one fuser rebuild on Brother printer and teflon sleeve only last 20k compared to original fuser life of 200k that wasn't successful experiment. I know it's different but you can catch my drift :)

Custom Search