PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-284e with Fiery E100-06

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-28-2022, 06:58 PM
Got from a wholesaler a nice BH-C-284e with a Fiery E100-06 color server attached. Is this Fiery worth to play with, or is it more for professionals doing graphic work? Any advantages for me for my usual office work and occasionally color prints?

Many moons ago I had several Di-550 (yes!) with the embedded and stand alone Fiery but that was all B&W and I never saw any great advantage in using them.

Hans

Synthohol
04-28-2022, 10:02 PM
personally i prefer Fierys.
better color gamut and has the ability to store jobs and settings for different media and finishing options.
plus being able to reproduce pantones is a bonus.

Hansoon
04-30-2022, 08:42 AM
I "found" the technical manual Fiery E100 60-55C-KM already ;)
but not the dedicated the Install Instructions from KonicaMinolta for the Fiery E100-06 on a BH-C-284e.
Physically installation on the machine seems easy, but what about the setting in the Service Mode?

Anyone please having for me the Install instructions from KonicaMinolta for the Fiery E100-06 on a BH-C-284eplease?

Thanks

Hans

Hansoon
04-30-2022, 09:05 AM
Got the instructions in the meantime.

Thanks

Hans

copyman
05-02-2022, 01:09 PM
Got the instructions in the meantime.

Thanks

Hans

Hans, Let me know if you need the Fiery system software or anything else for the IC-414

Also the Fierys are good for a customer that really needs them like graphic artists, etc and why you don't see many of them on lease returns. Not many end users would pay $4,000 for controller they didn't need. Especially when most users see the color prints from built in controller are fine for their use. I only have 3 customers using them and biggest problem is not shutting down the Fiery properly before powering off copier.

When I do buy a lease return and it has Fiery I remove the Fiery and sell on Ebay for a few hundred dollars. The less a customer has to mess with the less headaches for me!

emujo2
05-02-2022, 03:33 PM
IMHO putting a Fiery on a office machine is about as useless as tits on a bull..Adding the Fiery does not widen the MFP Gamut, and unless the spectrophotomer is added, color calibrations are laughable..Like another poster said, you may be able to reproduce pantones and some spot color, but 99% of the users will just send a PDF which is not much different then printing to the empreron directly.. As for the tech side of it..Not my cup of tea to be out trying to figure out why a Fiery won't connect when it was never needed in the 1st place..Fierys are better suited to production equipment with an operator that understand and use the advanced features..E

Albonline
05-02-2022, 03:40 PM
IMHO putting a Fiery on a office machine is about as useless as tits on a bull..Adding the Fiery does not widen the MFP Gamut, and unless the spectrophotomer is added, color calibrations are laughable..Like another poster said, you may be able to reproduce pantones and some spot color, but 99% of the users will just send a PDF which is not much different then printing to the empreron directly.. As for the tech side of it..Not my cup of tea to be out trying to figure out why a Fiery won't connect when it was never needed in the 1st place..Fierys are better suited to production equipment with an operator that understand and use the advanced features..E

Fiery on a mfp is to boost a salesman's commission.

emujo2
05-02-2022, 04:12 PM
100% agreement..E

Custom Search