PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C364e w/ Fiery streaks

Custom Search

copyman
04-29-2022, 01:23 PM
This one has me puzzled. Customer prints prayer cards for funerals which has photo of the deceased. The photos have some faint streaks in direction of the paper feed. They have been doing this for years with this copier and was working fine until recently.

The Fiery & copiers internal test pages are good. Halftone test pages are good. Streaks only happen on photos. Tried several different photos from Fiery & just copier with USB jump drive and both show the streaks.

Replaced ALL drums, transfer belt, 2nd trans roller, fuser unit. Of course cleaned print heads with wand. Did gradation adj, etc. New transfer belt helped some but faint streaks still on half the page.

Only other thing I can think of is removing the print head laser unit and cleaning but why would the halftone test pages & other test pages be fine if dirty print head?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
04-29-2022, 01:40 PM
I think I'd look at the electronic images. I'd try different file formats. I'd also try using different applications. We've certainly had a wide variety of weird image quality issues with Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. If you're using a PostScript driver you might try Print As Image.

It's not necessarily a machine issue, especially if the fault does not appear on a lot of the images.. =^..^=

emujo2
04-29-2022, 02:12 PM
Pretty sure the fact that the MFP has a fiery is of no concern here (see # 4 before you slam me on this)..The Fiery does not allow the device to print outside the gamut...My 1st questions would be..

1. What type of media are they using, and did anything change? There are a lot of common items that are now in short supply or very expensive..
2. Can you test the file on another device to see if it works..
3. Was the machine calibrated, and the Fiery calibrated against these new (if any) values.
4. Do the streaks appear when printing to the Emperon controller. If they only show up when using the Fiery then I may suspect the SCSI interface or video board on the Fiery. E

tsbservice
04-29-2022, 07:22 PM
Can you 'separate' temporary Fiery from the machine and check printouts?

copyman
04-29-2022, 10:48 PM
Can you 'separate' temporary Fiery from the machine and check printouts?

Hi,

I thought the same thing and as I mentioned in orig post I printed a few different photos from a USB flash drive inserted directly into copier USB port. if not mistaken the USB port does not use the Fiery when printing. I could remove the Fiery in service mode by setting controller back to 0.

As was suggested in prior post I may try printing from copiers emperon controller

Thanks everyone for the replies so far

tsbservice
04-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I thought the same thing and as I mentioned in orig post I printed a few different photos from a USB flash drive inserted directly into copier USB port. if not mistaken the USB port does not use the Fiery when printing. I could remove the Fiery in service mode by setting controller back to 0.

As was suggested in prior post I may try printing from copiers emperon controller

Thanks everyone for the replies so far

I don't know how machine process images from USB thumb with Fiery attached so yes better unset controller.

lucky13
05-28-2022, 10:15 PM
sounds like photos were scanned in with a bad scanner try rotate file and see if lines follow image or stay in same
place

and PS UPLOAD IMAGES SO WE CAN HELP YOU

Custom Search