PDA

View Full Version : C-458, 4 tray unit, "Reset the 4th Tray to Correct Paper Size"

Custom Search

Oystercopy
05-02-2022, 12:50 AM
Machine will sometimes let the paper all the way through, and sometimes it will stop at the vertical transport rollers, right on top of the trays. This happens with both Trays 3 and 4 so doesn't seem like a feed roller issue. I've double checked that the paper in the trays is correct, but since it does this for both Trays 3 and 4, I wouldn't think I'd have a mechanical issue related to only one tray. However, this 3/4 tray unit is NEW to this machine (I swapped it out for a regular stand), but I don't usually see issues like this with the KMs as they are great boxes. Just wondering if there is something wrong in the paper transport, as its going vertical after the trays. Cleaned all the sensors. Weird...

OC

rrrohan
05-02-2022, 01:32 AM
and sometimes it will stop at the vertical transport rollers, right on top of the trays.

what jam code

femaster
05-02-2022, 02:03 AM
This type of message will almost always have a J9901 (paper size mismatch) jam code associated with it. This is almost always caused by a delay in the paper feed (worn tires, slipping one way bearings, slipping conveyance rollers, etc.). The delay is not enough cause an actual paper jam code, but just enough to make the machine to think the paper is a larger size than what the tray size is set to. Were the feed units on the paper cabinet refurbished (new tires, cleaned one ways, etc)? The reason I ask that is because I caught that little hint in your post about the unit being "new to the machine", which to me says that the tray assembly itself isn't new...

One last thought. I have also seen this caused by having an incorrect model PC attached to the machine. For instance, having a PC-210 attached to an 8-series machine. Connectors are the same, but it's not compatible, as the 8-series requires a PC-215.

copyman
05-02-2022, 12:59 PM
The other posters provided some good advice. Only thing I can add is have you checked for piece of paper behind the drawers hitting the sensors on inside rear wall of PC? It's shot in the dark and usually isolates a paper drawer but worth a quick look sense you said it's a new paper feed cabinet, if I understood your post correctly.

blackcat4866
05-02-2022, 02:24 PM
Another cause that you might check for: Is the specified tray consistently displaying the appropriate paper size? I've seen the typical rear rack gear jumped or broken teeth (as a result of slamming with a full tray). The machine may display the correct size initially, but just vibration of the body may make the tray display a different size intermittently. I'd fill the tray, insert it, then jiggle the tray to see if the displayed size changes. You'll most likely find the rear guide loose ... and when you adjust it it immediately becomes loose again. =^..^=

tsbservice
05-02-2022, 03:10 PM
OC, did you see this thread:
bizhub 658e with PC-415, J9901 and J20-02 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/134475-bizhub-658e-pc-415-j9901-j20-02-a.html)

Oystercopy
05-02-2022, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all that guys.. YES, I checked the one ways, feed rollers look good, cleaned/rejuvenated the vertical rollers in that whole section. I can't believe it, but I just checked and its a PC-210 not a PC-215.. that could be the issue! It came off another 8 series machine, so I did not think to check that.... wow... gonna see what else I can do...

OC

tsbservice
05-02-2022, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all that guys.. YES, I checked the one ways, feed rollers look good, cleaned/rejuvenated the vertical rollers in that whole section. I can't believe it, but I just checked and its a PC-210 not a PC-215.. that could be the issue! It came off another 8 series machine, so I did not think to check that.... wow... gonna see what else I can do...

OC

That definitely would be the issue OC. Femaster nailed it :)

femaster
05-03-2022, 05:13 AM
Glad you got it figured out. The only reason I suggested that it might be the wrong PC tray model was because we had a similar incident in our office a couple months back.

For some reason an 8-series machine got dropped onto a PC-410 at some point. My guess is it was the only thing handy at the time for ease of moving the copier around. Neither the wires nor the base clips had been connected to the main body, which should have been a sign, but... One of our techs had selected that machine to get set up for a customer. He noticed the tray wasn't plugged into the copier, plugged it in, installed the clips, and proceeded to set things up. When it came to testing, the tray would jam constantly, couldn't get anything out of it. After all sorts of troubleshooting, swapping feed units, etc., it was noticed that it was a PC-410 and not a PC-415. Swapped in the correct unit and the problem was resolved.

tsbservice
05-04-2022, 05:58 PM
OC, for the record did you solve it?

Custom Search