PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta c4050i disconnects from wireless network

Custom Search

LowArmour
05-02-2022, 04:01 PM
Dear Sirs,

I recently bought a Konica Minolta Bizhub c4050i. The seller support team also installed the wireless adapter for it (UK-221). It is connected to the network wirelessly.

It worked fine for like 3 weeks, whereby we could wirelessly print and scan to folder without a problem. Even after 2-3 days of inactivity, the MFP woke up every time a print job was sent wirelessly by a laptop/PC.

Now, it periodically disconnects from the network. This happens once every 30min to a couple of hours.

During this time, it does not respond to ping commands (Destination Host unreachable) sent from any laptop/PC within the network.

It reconnects only after waking the printer by touching its touchscreen, after which it responds to ping commands.

The MFP has manually assigned static IP and the router is configured to accept it.

The support team has come 2 times to solve the issue without any results. They said it might be the router.

I have bought now a new router, still same issue. They have stopped answering my calls.

I really don't know what to do other than going once every 30 min to the MFP to touch the touchscreen and wake it up or maybe buy a 3rd router?

Thanks in advance.

Bogdan

mojorolla
05-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Known issue for this model:

:)

LowArmour
05-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Known issue for this model:

:)
Hi, Thanks for the instructions. After 1-2 hours of figuring it out how to enter service mode and passwords, I have finally made it. I followed the instructions and the issue still persists.

emujo2
05-03-2022, 01:34 PM
Well you can pull your hair out, spend a ton of money on network troubleshooting, get a wire shark going ect ect..or you can simply run the NIC port to a wireless access point, and configure the WAP to get onto the wireless..I feel your pain on the company that seems to have kicked you to the curb, but they may be just as baffled as you..I think this device is wireless out of the box so no money down the drain..E

occus
05-03-2022, 03:21 PM
WIFI on this Series are a bad solution... i have problems too.
On firmware K8/M2 they have made a workaround with automatic reboot if connection is lost but often the customer have to wait sometime 3-4 minutes after he send the printjob.

At the moment i have disabled WIFI and make a test with the 3320i at customer side...
Customer PC has WIFI to the router, 3320i have a patch cable to the nic of the PC.
Customer calls me it works better but 1 time he have to wait again, so that could mean there is a second network bug...
I need more time to find out the solution.

Since G00-J9 it sould be fixed but i try this aniway. "When Network speed is set to "Auto", the MFP may not connect to the network after turning the main power OFF/ON."

G00-K8

Wireless connection is disconnected when [Wireless Only] or [Wired + Wireless (Secondary Mode)] is configured. [INC000000035008/PBM-00001251]
Function that makes the MFP reboot and recover the wireless connection when the wireless LAN is disconnected.
*Following measures of 1, 2, 6 are enabled all the time. Measures 3, 4, 5 can be switched (Enable/Disable).
DipSWNo. 173 bit5
0x00: Disable (Default)
0x20:Enable
1. If an error of the wireless LAN driver which is in the inside of the FW is detected, internally operate the reset process. (There are three patterns for detecting errors, and one of them, which does not require the reset process, is disabled.)
2. Change the Power Save setting of the wireless LAN driver which is in the inside of the FW to OFF.
3. When [Wireless only] is configured, send PING regularly, and if there is no response for 5 minutes, reboot the MFP.
4. When [Wired+ Wireless (Secondary Mode)] is configured, send PING regularly to the fifth IP address of LDAP Server, and if there is no response for 5 minutes, reboot the MFP. (Not available for C4000i, C3300i, 4700i)
5. Measure for the symptom that IP address becomes 0.0.0.0.
6. Disable the process of acquiring the number of packets transmitted by periodic wake-up.

Wireless connection is disconnected when [Wireless Only] or [Wired + Wireless (Secondary Mode)] is configured. [INC000000035008/PBM-00001251]
Function that makes the MFP reboot and recover the wireless connection when the wireless LAN is disconnected.
*Following measures of 1, 2, 6 are enabled all the time. Measures 3, 4, 5 can be switched (Enable/Disable).
DipSWNo. 173 bit5
0x00: Disable (Default)
0x20:Enable

G00-M2
Same text again...

I expect the final solution will be a powerline for this user.

Custom Search