PDA

View Full Version : Self Associate Card Data

Custom Search

rrrohan
05-04-2022, 06:52 AM
Im trying to find out if self association of card data is possible when User Auth is set to MFP and not linked to AD

I could of sworn once users logged in there was a option in user settings to change password and also to add your own card but cant find it.

Got 50 users and giving them the long winded method via admin mode is to hard for the average end user plus giving them admin password is not ideal.

B0265
05-04-2022, 07:23 AM
I think this is what you are looking for:
Utility > Administrator > Security > Restrict User Access > Biometric/IC Card Information Registration

rrrohan
05-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Utility > Administrator > Security > Restrict User Access > Biometric/IC Card Information Registration

thanks. i thought i enabled that but i will check when im back in office in like 20 hours. anything that avoid me trying to coordinate 50 users to come up with swipe cards is worth it lol

kingarthur
05-04-2022, 12:10 PM

I've just tried it on a C558 - once you have turned it on - how does the user then register their card.

B0265
05-04-2022, 12:25 PM
Utility > User Settings > Register Authentication Information, I think it's button #9

emujo2
05-04-2022, 05:37 PM
There is a plugin for Page Scope data Admin that allows you to register the badges based on MFP local authentication..E

rrrohan
05-05-2022, 07:01 AM

this was it.

Utility > User Settings > Register Authentication Information, I think it's button #9

yeah thanks, on the i series its under Utility-Information.

There is a plugin for Page Scope data Admin that allows you to register the badges based on MFP local authentication..E

i thought that only worked on the AU201 not the AU205?

Custom Search